Chapter 23

New litter of kits

"Here we are...L/n, three healthy kits," LittleCloud mewed, RunningNose had led the young Tom take this as a test for his medicine cat training, the poor apprentice was scared to fail as he was delivering kits of the leader.

L/n smiled at him and looked down at the new ShadowClan kits, One was a white she-kit with brown paws and spots, one was a black tabby she-kit and the last one was a Tom kit with Dark ginger and brown tabbico fur. "You did well LittleCloud, I'm proud of you."

The two medicine cats left her alone and she looked at her kits with sorrow, thinking about their father and knowing he wouldn't be here for them.

But maybe that's for the best...

L/n shook her head, "names..." she whispered, staring down at the three furballs, maybe MistKit, NightKit and FireKit..."

Before L/n could get some sleep, BlackFoot appeared at the entrance of the den, "L/n, Sasha wants to see you."

She tilted her head in confusion, "alright, send her in." The white Tom nodded and left, soon coming back with the Siamese she-cat. "Why have you come back?"

The kittypet flattened her ears and placed down two bundles of fur, "are they...?"

"Yes, they're my kits, TigerStar and I got out of control...and I had three but one died from complications!" She mewed quickly, then she looked at L/n with desperate eyes, "I want them to live the clan life...please can you take them in?" (I know tadpole dies from drowning but that was the reason why Sasha placed her other kits in RiverClan and they need to be in ShadowClan for this).

She didn't know what to say...she already had three mouths to feed. No if she could take care of her four kits with SilverStream's then she can do it. "I'll take them in..."

"Oh thank you L/n!" Sasha cried happily to the leader and she just felt awkward, the Siamese she-cat said a final goodbye to her kits before leaving camp, L/n laid down in her nest and Stared at the new kits she decided to care for.

HawkKit and MothKit...

"But I don't want to be a warrior either!" MistKit wined at MothKit, L/n opened her eyes and yawned, alerting the two she-kits. "Mommy! We didn't mean to wake you up!"

"It's alright dears, but why are you arguing? It's almost time for your apprentice ceremony..." L/n started grooming her fur. MothKit looked at MistKit sheepishly, "we both want to be medicine cats!"

The p/c she-cat gave them both a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry but only one of you can be apprenticed at a time..." she said. The golden tabby then looked outside the den, "what about the other clans?"

L/n thought for a moment, "well MudFur is starting to get up there in age, and he hasn't taken an apprentice..."

MistKit ruffled her white fur, then stared at MothKit worriedly, "your not thinking of going there, are you?"

"Maybe...I really want to be a medicine cat..." MothKit stated, "we will still see each other at gatherings and the half moon meeting though..."

L/n reluctantly agreed to have MothKit train under MudFur, and just before the ceremony of her other kits, she left ShadowClan camp to go over to RiverClan.

"Oh L/n!" LeopardStar said happily, making L/n purr in amusement, "what brings you here?"

The p/c she-cat nudged MothKit forward, "I was wondering...could MothKit possibly train under MudFur? I know he hasn't got an apprentice and My other daughter MistKit will be training with LittleCloud due to RunningNose started to catch up in age..."

"Of course I will..." LeopardStar nodded, "but only because it's you L/n..." L/n felt her ears heat up but quickly shook the feeling away, saying a goodbye to MothKit and telling her to behave, when she got back however, HawkKit was far from impressed. "Where's MothKit?"

L/n looked away, ears flattened, "she's becoming the medicine cat for RiverClan." The light brown tabby growled at the p/c she-cat, "why did you let here do that?! I won't forgive you for this! Ever!"

HawkKit then walked away, lining up with MistKit, NightKit and FireKit. L/n swallowed her guilt and jumped up on the leaders rock. "Alright, we shall now begin...first MothKit has left to become RiverClan's new apprentice, now each of you step forwards."

The four cats stepped up, L/n stared at them proudly, "from this moment on, until you have earned your full names, you'll all be known as MistPaw, NightPaw, FirePaw and HawkPaw respectively. And your mentors are LittleCloud, DarkFlower, TangleBurr and BlackFoot."

Each apprentice touched noses with their new mentors and the clans all cheered, L/n was starting to see her ability to lead the clan, however she lifted her head slightly to catch the trees of ThunderClan.

She couldn't turn back to her home, however she at least wanted to have little to no negative relationship with them...

The day went on as normal, and L/n was ready to rest her head for the night, however when she closed her eyes, she found herself in a black murky forest, the water was unusually tinted red and the sky, which was barely visible from the large trees, was also red.

"Welcome, L/n..."

Her eyes widened, knowing who that voiced belonged to, she turned around and saw him...

"T-TigerStar?" She said with fear in her voice, causing the dark tabby to cackle, "oh why couldn't be so fearful at the battle against BloodClan? Maybe then I could've killed you!"

He hopped off a rock he was sitting on, and started to circle the ShadowClan leader like she was prey. "Was this your intention? Killing me so you can become leader?"

"No of course not!" She spat back at him in anger, "it was StarClan who put a sign there for me! RunningNose just got it wrong!"

"Lies! No wonder my affection dwindled for you, your such a mouse-heart, W/n!" TigerStar mocked, stopping in his tracks and eyeing L/n. "My name...is L/N!"

The p/c she-cat said in anger, "you are crow-food, TigerStar, putting the blame on me...well listen, I did love you one time in life...but after your treachery was reveal you turned, becoming such a fox-heart towards me and treating me like an object..."

L/n then turned away, walking through the forest, "you will be mine again L/n! And if you refuse, then we will resort to something else..."

She didn't have time to listen to that dumb leader, her mate was gone, he's nothing to her now...