Chapter 13

"My kits are missing!" The cry of BrindleFur was heard as W/n opened her eyes tiredly. Yawning and quickly shaking her fur, she stared at her friend. "FireHeart!" W/n yowled and the ginger Tom quickly came running, "CloudKit and BrindleFace's kits have disappeared, I can only guess they're out in the snow."

FireHeart face dropped and he quickly went looking, GreyStripe hesitantly followed him with SandStorm. W/n sat with BrindleFur and left her kits in her nest as they struggling to find their mother. "I'm sure they'll quickly find them, don't worry BrindleFur..."

The grey flecked she-cat started to pace around and eventually the three kits were brought back safely. "Where have you been?!" She asked desperately.

"I went hunting and caught a vole!" CloudKit said happily, carrying the prey in his jaws. However BrindleFace didn't listen as she was swiftly licking her kits.

W/n then left the nursery for some fresh air and then heard FireHeart and BlueStar, "Your going to need to teach CloudKit some obedience..."

The ginger Tom then sulked over to the fresh kill pile and ate a mouse. W/n then padded towards him, "what's got you down?"

"CloudKit keeps on misbehaving..." he said bitterly as he took a bite out of his fresh kill, "What if he really is not fit for clan life?"

W/n shook her head, "if you are able to teach him the ways of the clan, then his kittypet blood won't ever be seen as a burden. I'm sure that when he comes of age, you'll be his mentor."

FireHeart's Face seemed to brighten at W/N's words and thanked her, "say who do you want to mentor your kits?"

The p/c she-cat looked around, "well I certainly know that I don't want GreyStripe to mentor one," she said narrowing her eyes at the grey warrior. "I know that I want SandStorm to mentor one, maybe RavenKit?"

FireHeart didn't seem sure about her choice but before he could respond OneWhisker arrived to their camp, "WindClan is being attacked by RiverClan and ShadowClan!"

BlueStar hopped onto the high rock, "ThunderClan! I will sort out two parties for the attack." She turned to TigerClaw, "you lead the first part and take MouseFur, DarkStripe, LongTail, DustPelt, FireHeart and OneWhisker."

She then looked at WhiteStorm, "you will lead the second party with the rest of our warriors." The clan yowled and all got into their parties and left camp, unfortunately W/n couldn't go with them...but she will hear about it when they get back.

When the sun was at its peak, the clan had returned, and before FireHeart could tell W/n about the battle, TigerClaw shoved her away from him.

"I don't want you near that disloyal kittypet!" He growled, W/n's ears flattened, "what are you talking about?" DarkStripe then approached her and glared at FireHeart before speaking. "He released a RiverClan cat! What warrior does that?"

"Have you forgotten that you shouldn't kill?" The P/c snarled, TigerClaw shook his head. "FireHeart hadn't even given her a blow, he's up to something."

W/n rolled her eyes and flicked her tail in her mates face as she left and entered the nursery and curled up with her kits. TigerClaw then came in with a quick apology, "I'm sorry if I upset you...DarkStripe was the one who told me about FireHeart."