Chapter 16

TigerClaw patiently awaited for the next patrol of ShadowClan warriors to arrive, he had thought about the idea of hunting for them, it was perfect...

If he could get the trust of ShadowClan, then maybe he can be leader and get W/n back. Voices interrupted his thoughts and his eyes caught the patrol.

"Hello, RowanBerry," TigerClaw spoke carefully, as the she-cat was glaring at him, "what do you want? Why aren't you in ThunderClan?"

The dark tabby scoffed, "I don't walk with them anymore...but I would like to do a favour for ShadowClan." FlintFang then pushed himself into the conversation, "and what's that?"

"Me and your former ShadowClan friends can hunt for you, just for a little while, since everyone is becoming sick?" TigerClaw said, the patrol look between each other, but eventually accepted. TangleBurr, BlackFoot and StumpyTail quickly went to hunt for their former clan mates.

In the hunt they had gathered, a few mice, shrews, and two lizards. The group then gathered their prey and approached ShadowClan camp, Immediately, TigerClaw could smell the horrible stench of sickness.

"Welcome, TigerClaw," NightStar's Voice was weak, clearly he wasn't doing so well, "I see you did bring ShadowClan some prey."

"Yes," he meowed as he placed it in their fresh kill pile, "I did it because you are all so sick and frail."

The black Tom then sighed, "we wouldn't of been in this situation if CinderFur didn't bring that diseased rat back in camp..."

RunningNose then nodded, "CinderFur had died not long after eating it, and since NightStar is too weak to appoint a deputy, I'm currently acting as one."

TigerClaw nodded, ShadowClan's sickness was definitely the perfect time to gain their trust, if he keeps helping them out then he could be their new leader. However they couldn't stay and TigerClaw and his rouges leave for their small camp.

However one thing was pulling at Him, where was Mowgli? TigerClaw quickly sat up and left when his cats fell asleep. The only logical place for Mowgli to be was the twoleg place, so he set off and glared at Every Kittypet he would see.

After some time, he found the brown cat and he edged away in fear, "why did you flee?" TigerClaw's voice growled.

"I was just scared off that's all, I swear I'm loyal to you and only you TigerClaw!" Mowgli quickly spat out, TigerClaw grinned.

"Follow me back, we have set camp up in ShadowClan territory..." he stated and Mowgli followed in fear. When they get back however, the ShadowClan rouges are so pleased to see him.

"Mowgli! I thought you were a coward to run away like that..." Snag spat at Him, Mowgli straitened up and narrowed his eyes at Snag, "of course not, I'm loyal to TigerClaw!"

TangleBurr rolled her eyes, but then turned back to TigerClaw, "we have been invited to hunt with ShadowClan the next day."

Excellent...TigerClaw smiled to himself and nodded at TangleBurr, "we will happily accept this offer, ShadowClan need all the help they need."

TigerClaw was currently on the hunting patrol with WebFoot, OakPaw, RussetFur, DarkFlower and TangleBurr. They Thad caught plenty of prey for the sick ShadowClan cats.