𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜

After Tendo closed the door, there was an awkward silence. Neither of us said anything. I didn't know how to react and Semi probably waiting for my answer. But what was I supposed to say?

I couldn't reject him, could I? But I couldn't just tell him that I liked him back either. I would just lie even more. But I would hurt him. And I didn't want to hurt him. Maybe I should just tell him that I like him back and somehow try to catch feelings for him whilst we're dating. That would work, right?

"You heard us, didn't you?" he asked. "I did, sorry," I apologized. "So I guess you don't reciprocate my feelings, do you?" Semi asked. He was fidgeting with his hands and I could see him frown slightly. I didn't want to hurt him. But I would hurt him if I lied to him even more. I should just reject him. We would figure out everything after that.

"I do, I like you too, Semi," I replied before I could think about the words I was saying and their causes. Fuck. That was a lie. A lie I couldn't take back. He would hate me if I told him the truth. So I guess I just needed to lie a bit more. One little lie wouldn't hurt that much, would it?

"Wait, really?" he asked. He now smiled again. And to be honest, I would lie again just to see him smile like that. "Yes, I do," I said. "Okay. So do you maybe want to go out on a date?" he asked. "Of course, I would love to," I responded.

I think this could work out. I would go on a few dates with Semi and then eventually fall in love with him. And even if I didn't, I would fly back home in ten months. I could just say that I can't see myself in a long-distance relationship and everything would be okay. Nobody would ever find out. Sure, Semi would hurt but telling him the truth would hurt him even more.

I still couldn't believe it. Shirabu liked me back. Tendo told me not to confess yet because Shirabu told him multiple times that he didn't like me and to be honest, he really seemed to only like me as a friend. He seemed shocked and also sort of disappointed, maybe sad when he heard that I liked him.

But then again, he said that he liked me too. He agreed to go on a date with me. He said that he would love to go on a date with me. And he did not look like he was lying while saying that. n general, Shirabu wasn't someone to lie. He never lied. He always told the truth. And he wouldn't lie about something like this. If he actually did, I would hate him for eternity. Maybe not for eternity but I wouldn't talk to him and would strongly dislike him. Maybe even more than Rou if that was possible.

I shouldn't think about this too much though. Overthinking isn't good. Shirabu said that he liked me and we would go on a date soon. Maybe it would work out, maybe it wouldn't but at least I could say that I tried.