𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥

Shirabu and I have been dating for about a month now and in that time I've fallen even harder for him. He was just amazing. I could spend hours doing literally anything with him. If it was Inlineskating, playing some card game or just talking. Hell, I could just sit in the same room as him and I would be happy.

But there was this one thing that was on my mind all the time these past few days. I think I love him. Screw that, I'm pretty sure that I love him. Love huh. I never really thought about that until I met Shirabu. He changed a lot of things in my life. All positive, of course.

Now, I wouldn't say that you need a romantic relationship in your life. You can be completely happy without one. Friends, family and maybe pets are more than enough for you to live a happy life. But for some people like me, a romantic relationship makes life a bit better and happier. Because a romantic partner is different from a friend. I wouldn't say that a romantic partner is more than a friend in any way. I personally think that romantic and platonic feelings can be equally strong. But with a romantic partner, you can usually do things you can't do with a friend. I mean going out with a friend is nice but going out with your partner is a whole different experience. I wouldn't say it's better but it's different in a nice way.

What I'm actually trying to say is that dating Shirabu was a whole new experience. We did a whole lot of things together I never did with anyone else. We went on cute dates, spend hours up just talking and cuddling and just discovered the whole relationship thing together. It was new for both of us after all.

But there was one more step I wanted to take. I wanted to tell him that I loved him. I wasn't sure if it was the time yet but we've known each other for over half a year now so I was pretty sure I could tell him. I really hoped that he would tell me that he loved me too. It would be fine if he didn't love me too yet but I still couldn't help but hope.

So when the time came and we went on our thirteenth date, I waited for the perfect moment to tell him. We were sitting on my rooftop, stargazing when I finally found the courage to tell him. There wouldn't be a better moment, would there?

"I love you, Shirabu," I said. For a moment it looked as if he was frowning but in the next moment, he was smiling brightly. "I love you too, Semi," he said, engulfing me in a hug.

We spend the rest of the day or rather night on the rooftop admiring the stars until it got too cold and we needed to go inside. We then talked until 4 am before falling asleep in each other's arms.