Chapter 1

I was hoping my parents wouldn't make me go to school today. I was not feeling so good. My head felt like it was going to explode. My stomach was turned inside out and I didn't want to get up out of my bed. When my mom walked into my room to tell me to get ready I tried to tell her that I was not feeling good. She checked my temperature and told me that I was ok to go to school, but I really wanted to bury myself in my covers and stay there for the rest of the day. Unfortunately my plan didn't go so well. The bus came and I had to go to school. For a girl in the eleventh grade my parents still make me take the bus. I been asking them for a car ever since I got my lisence, but they refused because they think i'm a horrible driver. When I got to school my friends Kayla and Lizzy were waiting for me at the entrance. The two looked like they were desperate to tell me something. I begged them to tell me so Kayla said.
"Omg Ali there's a super hot new kid that just walked into our school." I just rolled my eyes. Kayla and Lizzy obsess over all the hot guys in our school, but I couldn't care less about them. They really need to get a boyfriend and fast because I can't take anymore of this "boy talk". We walked in the school and down the hall and I saw the new kid surrounded by so many girls. I froze not even moving a muscle. He looked so perfect I couldn't stop drooling over him. He had dark short hair, green eyes, and a beautiful smile. He saw me and the stupid look I had on my face and for some reason he started to walk up to me. I was nervous. My palms were sweaty and my heart was beating so fast. I guess this time it was me who was obsessing over a hot guy
"Hey" he said.
"Hi"
"You must be Alison, right?" I nodded my head trying to keep my mouth closed so I don't say something dumb. He told me that I was the prettiest girl he has ever met, which made all the girls in the hall really jealous, but I was flattered. I said
"You must be Tyler." He nodded his head in agreement. At that moment I thought that I was in over my head to be obsessing over a guy, but he made me smile and that's the most a guy has ever done for me.

Then next couple of weeks went by fast and Tyler and I started to talk more often at school. I remember one time when we talked he had told me about his parents. Tyler told me that they died in a car accident when he was very young. I felt bad for him. He told me that he has never told anyone this but me. As weeks went by we started to get closer together. I would tell him about my life and he would tell me about his. One Saturday night I was alone in my house since my parents were gone on a business trip. Their always too busy for me, but never too busy to tell me to get ready for school. Anyway I wanted some company because I didn't have any siblings and Kayla and Lizzy had gone to Hawaii with their parents for Spring Break. They asked me if I wanted to go, but I was not in the mood. So at home I decided to call Tyler for some company. I thought he may have some plans and might not come, but surprisingly he came. There was a knock on the door and there was Tyler standing on my doormat. He looked so cute with his leather jacket and I started to giggle. He just smiled slightly and I invited him into my house.
"You have a really nice home" said Tyler.
"Thanks." It was so awkward at that moment. I didn't even know what to say to him. Tyler just kept his hands in his jeans pocket. He sat on my couch where I was sitting and maybe a few inches closer to me which made my cheeks red.
"So do you want to watch a movie or something" said Tyler
"Sure, I have a bunch of movies in my bedroom. I'll go get them"
"Ok." I ran up the stairs as fast as I could to my bedroom where I would find a perfect movie for us to watch. I brought it down and put it in the dvd slot and we started to watch. The movie was a bit of action, romance, and horror. The horror part scared me the most. When I would jump at that scene and cover my eyes Tyler would put his arm around me in comfort. I adored it. He made me feel so real. I didn't have to hide who I am to him because he knew all my secrets before I even did and it just brought me closer to him.