Chapter 15 Tyler

This creature guards the crystal and the crystal is located in a cave. It seems too easy. What was this Princess thinking when she hid it. Sure the creature can possibly kill you, but it's location should be more complicated than that, I guess. I read a little further until I see that some of the words are covered by a thick layer of dust. I blow away the remaining dust to continue reading. It says that the cave is protected by a barrier that only pure souls could enter. "Pure souls" I think, what does that mean. It states that to get to this cave you have to pass the lake of darkness. The lake of darkness is so dreary and as the cold wind rushes by you all you feel is death. If you fall in the lake the water melts away your flesh. I remember Thomas saying something about this lake some time ago. He told me that its location is far from here and you will only find out where it is if you have the heart of wisdom" which never made any sense to me. I watch Alison as she reads through the words with me. I could get a strong whiff of her cherry blossom perfume and her small warm breaths against my chest. She's so ambitious to find this crystal. I guess I understand why, Tasha is the only family she has left and she doesn't want to lose her. But I don't want her to get hurt. She doesn't know what she's doing.
    "Tyler! Tyler!" I adjust my eyes to realize I was day dreaming and Alison is snapping her fingers in my face.
   "Ya...ya what?"
  "What's wrong with you. We have to find the crystal, what are you day dreaming about?"
  "Nothing, I'm sorry"
  "It's fine. But we need to go and find the sorcerer?"
  "Wait what, 'we'"
  "Ya"
  "Your not coming with me Alison. How many times must I tell you. Gosh your really stubborn"
  "I'm coming with you Tyler and you can't stop me"
"No your not even if I have to drag you upstairs myself! Please Alison it's too risky and you don't have any supernatural powers to defend yourself, unlike me"
"Okay fine, but you better come back and be careful. I mean it Tyler. Promise me you will!"
"Alis-"
"I'm serious Tyler be careful"
"I will and I'll come back" We walk upstairs to see Thomas and I leave Alison with him. She looks at me for some time as I turn my back on her. Then I head to the wolf range. Where we fight each other for practice. I look for Kara around the range. She's one of the strongest wolves. I realized I couldn't go alone and I need a few people that could help me.
     "Kara!" I yell, looking around for her. Finally I spot her sparring with Darien. I walk up to her while she punched Darien in the face and he falls to the ground, I laugh.
     "What's up, blue eyes"
      "Very funny Kara, I need your help"
      "For what?"
      "I'm setting out to find the wolves eye, I have to save all of us!"
      "The wolves eye? Are you kidding me, you'll get yourself killed looking for that thing"
      "I have no choice. I'm doing this for Thomas and all of us"
      "Why do you have to find the wolves eye. Why can't someone else find it?"
      "Thomas already told you. So you know how dangerous it is, but the warlock already attacked me for it and it's become my problem now"
      "I see, but do you have any idea how stupid you are being. You've heard the stories, but going to find it is risky. I don't want you to get hurt"
      "My safety isn't your problem anymore, please Kara help me find it and save our pack"
      "Oh alright. But just so you know I will not stop caring about you. So your safety will always be my business" I watch Kara walk away and head into the warehouse. I think again about this "quest" I need more people than just Kara and I. The two of us alone is not good. I need Alex and Connor to come with me as well. They could be of use, plus they are also my best friends. I run after Kara and walk into the warehouse. She turns around to face me and I say
     "Hey Kara. I want to bring Alex and Connor with us is that alright?"
     "I guess, but why them?"
     "You know the two of them have good fighting skills and Alex knows where to go"
     "Oh alright"
     "Thanks. Find them and tell them about coming with us. Carry some supplies in a nap sack just in case"
      "Okay" She walks out of the house and into the forest to look for them.

         Kara comes back with Alex and Connor and we meet at the circle behind the warehouse. It's usually where we hang out. Both of them went hunting, I assume because I could see animal blood stains on Connor's mouth. I immediately blurt
     "Um...Connor you might want to wipe that blood off your mouth"
     "Oh ya. I forgot" Connor laughs. He then wipes it off with his sleeve.
     "So uh why did u bring us here Ty" Connor exclaims
      "Well, I'm going to look for the wolves eye and I want all three of you to come with me"
      "What the hell Tyler. Looking for the wolves eye is dangerous. Your being stupid"
      "That's exactly what I told him Connor" Kara replies
      "Why do you need us to come with you?"
      "Because Alex, you guys are all my friends and I need your help"
      "It's too risky Ty" Alex sighs
      "Fine. I'll go by myself!"
      "You are not going to look for that thing by yourself Ty...fine we'll come with you"
      "I knew you would Alex. I was just testing you"
      "Ya, well we better get going" Alex exclaims. We nod our heads in agreement and start heading to her car. Alex is behind the wheel as we start driving.
"Where are we going first" Connor calls out. Alex replies
"To a friend, he'll help us find the crystal" My thoughts and feelings all come in place when I start thinking about this journey. I'm scared to admit, but I might not make it back home from this journey. I may never see Alison again. I know I have put all of my friends in danger because of this crystal; Alison, Tasha, Alex, Connor, Kara, and myself. But I can't help to wonder that I'm supposed to find this crystal, it's like a feeling inside of me that I can't explain. We drive continuously for 4 hours, until we reach a little wrecked shop near Grant Wood at 9 in the morning. Alex says there's someone here that could help us, an old friend of her's, but this place got me all creeped out.