Chapter 14 Alison

Tasha starts lecturing me about having boys over during the night. I nod my head in agreement to everything she says, but I don't really pay attention to her words, instead I think about last night. It still frightens me when I think about it, that thing that held a sharp blade to my throat and how even for a split second I felt alone and I thought that there was nothing Tyler could do to stop the blade from pressing deeper into my neck while I watch the blood run down. Suddenly Tasha snaps her fingers in my face and scares the hell out of me.
"What!"
"Are you even paying any attention to a word I'm saying?"
"Not really, but I understand that I have to be more careful with boys when I'm living under your roof"
"Good...look Ali I know your happy to be dating Tyler. I mean he's your first boyfriend, but-
"Wait...what no Tyler and I are just friends. We were just talking last night and lost track of time. I'm sorry"
"It's okay and it's a bummer you and Tyler aren't dating because he's really cute!"
"Tasha!"
"Okay fine. I'm sorry, well I got to go to work will you be okay at home"
"Ya, I will, I'm a grown teenager remember don't worry about me"
"Okay Hun" Tasha hugs me tight and picks up her bag, heading out the door. I run upstairs to quickly change out of my clothes and I pick up my phone to call Tyler. I wanted to know if he was okay. A faint voice says
      "Hello. Ali"
      "Hey Tyler. Are you okay? You seem upset"
      "It's just...that man who attacked you at your home"
      "Ya what about him?"
      "Well...he uh...he slaughtered my foster family so I can see it" suddenly I can hear Tyler trying to hold back tears and sniffling through the other end of the phone.
      "I'm so sorry Tyler. I can't even imagine the pain your feeling"
      "Thank you, but I can't focus on that right now...when I was at my apartment someone called me and the number was blocked, but the person on the other line killed my family they said that they will come after you and Tasha and me."
      "Oh my gosh. What are we going to do!"
      "I don't know, but I have to make sure that for now you and Tasha are safe"
     "Tasha just went to work so she's okay, I guess"
     "Can I come over?"
     "Why?"
      "Because I can protect you"
      "I can protect myself just fine, Ty"
      "Look Ali, I know you can take care of yourself when there's a normal human being attacking you, but when there's a psychotic killer with powers after you, you should let me protect you. I am after all a werewolf. Maybe I can take you to my pack, you'll be safe there. I promise"
      "Alright fine, I'll go with you, pick me up in 8 minutes okay"
     "Okay. See ya soon"
     "You too" I disconnect my phone and go outside to sit on my steps to wait for Tyler. Suddenly I see his Bug drive up to my house and I jump in his car. I'm nervous. I don't feel safe at all right now.
    "Alison!"
    "Ya"
    "Are you okay?"
    "Ya, I guess, maybe a little scared"
    "I get that, but don't worry my pack can protect you"
    "Alright" We drive to the abandoned warehouse and I see Thomas standing at the entrance. He spots us.
     "Hey guys, glad you came back again"
     "Thomas, Alison and I need the pack and your protection"
     "Why?"
     "A warlock or I don't know some psychotic magical person is after us and they killed my foster family" I watch Tyler stare at the ground with his hands in his pockets when he told Thomas about his foster family.
     "I'm so sorry Tyler. I didn't how much they meant to you"
    "It's alright"
    "Well anyway you guys can stay here with us. We are always here for you Ty"
    "Thanks" We walk inside the warehouse toward the room I stayed in when I first came with all the book shelves and paintings. Thomas tells us that we are welcome to stay here as long as we want, but I was pretty sure that would be a long time so I pulled out my phone and texted Tasha telling her that I'm staying over at Kayla's house for some time to help her mom that's in the hospital. Kayla's mom was in a accident when she was fixing the satellite on her roof a few days ago, she fell off and got injured badly and Tasha knows that so she'll believe my story, I hope. Thomas leans against the wall with his arms crossed and says
     "So does anyone want to tell why this guy is after both of you"
    "I don't know. He attacked Alison in her own house. He um...asked for a wolves eye. I have no idea what the hell that is!"
     "Wait, did you just say wolves eye?"
     "Ya why?"
     "The wolves eye is a very important crystal. Anyone that posses the wolves eye will have great power and will be able to control all the wolves on the planet. Under the wrong hands someone would be able to make us do their bidding"
     "Wow, so that's what it is. So where is it?"
     "Tyler, did you not hear me. It's very dangerous, I can't tell you where it is. 2000 years ago a powerful sorcerer, half vampire half witch. She created this crystal because she was held captive by a group of powerful and dangerous warlocks who wanted to control the wolves so they may rule our land. She was the most powerful out of all their covens as she was a princess and was very valuable. But when she created it, she formed an alliance with the werewolves as she was in love with one named Hale. So she hid the crystal somewhere far where no one will find it and when these warlocks found out what she did, they executed her right in front of her lover."
      "So she was forced to make the wolves eye?"
      "Yes."
      "Why haven't you ever told me?"
       "I didn't think you needed to know"
       "Well tell that to the psychotic warlock after us!"
       "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but if this warlock is after both of you he must think you have the wolves eye."
      "Well we don't. Why does he think that we do?"
     "I have no idea. But if a warlock possess it they will control us. Tyler you have to make sure he doesn't get it!"
    "How will I do that. I don't know where it is and you won't tell me?!"
    "I can't tell you because I don't even know where it is. It was legend that I doubtfully hoped was a legend when I was a kid. My father had told me the stories, so I was uncertain it was real, but I was wrong"
    "Well that legend is true and if we don't find the wolves eye before this warlock, we will be dead"
   "I know Tyler, but we don't know where it is"
   "Then how are we going to find it?"
   "Not sure...wait there's a secret library beneath the warehouse. You may get some information from there. There's a book that will tell you about the wolves eye"
   "Thanks Thomas. I promise I will find the crystal and save us all, but in the meantime can you take care of Alison?"
  "Thank you Tyler and of course I will protect her"
"Thanks"
"Wait!" I blurt all of a sudden.
"I'm not staying here. I'm coming with you Tyler. This doesn't only involve you anymore. It involves the protection of my aunt and myself" Tyler looks at me with concern and says
"Alison, Thomas will make sure your family is safe, but you can't come with me it's too dangerous"
"I don't care anymore. I've become part of this and if it means finding this crystal, protecting your pack and making sure this warlock doesn't come after my aunt for it, then I'm in!"
"Alison you can't be serious. I'm not even strong enough to protect you against this warlock!"
"Fine. But let me at least come to the secret library with you. I can be some help"
"Okay, Ali" We walk down the stairs and into the living room. We notice a frame on the wall with a painting of a wolf and it's pack looking right at us. Tyler says
    "Thomas said that the entrance to the underground library is here. So where is it?"
    "I can't see it...wait! There's a hinge on the side of the painting" I grab the hinge and swing the painting open to find a dark old staircase.
    "Wow, how did you notice the hinge? Even I couldn't see that?"
   "I guess you just have to have a good eye" I giggle. Tyler smiles at me and we walk down the staircase as I turn my flashlight on to see through the darkness. There's spider webs and old furniture around the basement with a lot of dust. Suddenly we come upon a a grey door that almost looks like a vault. There's a handle on the side that I turn counter- clockwise to open it. We walk inside. At first it was too dark to see anything until I found a light switch at the side of the wall. I flipped it on and all I notice is the numerous amounts of books stocked in shelves. I'm mesmerized by it, but suddenly remember I didn't come here to read I came here to find the wolves eye. We scatter through all the books looking for one which will give us the information we need. But nothing. I walk toward the last shelf. One book catches my attention it's huge with a blood-red cover and a black ribbon along the spine. The book cover says "The History of Werewolves." I pick it up examining it. I call Tyler over
   "Hey I think I found something!"
   "What did you find?"
   "This..." I show him the book and he grabs it and places it on the table beside us. He flips through the pages to find a section of writing about the wolves eye. It says the wolves eye is found in a cave guarded by a fierce creature called the Horein. That has blood shot eyes. A tail with poisonous venom that will cause you to melt if it goes into your blood. Its body is a skeletal, scaly blue where you could see its bones sticking right out of its chest. Its claws are so sharp it trickles blood when it touches your skin just with the tip of its claw. It's a creature that will find you before you find it.