ꕥ It's Ok

She could always hear
every word they say
Everybody walks like
they just know the way
Every single day,
holdin' back the tears
She'd never say a word
'cause there's nobody that hears

"I don't get it.."

"You don't have to."

"But why can't you just explain it?!" Alec's voice got more desperate the more they argued.

He hated this, their relationship was perfect and yet here was his boyfriend, packing a suitcase and leaving without giving him a proper reason.

"It's just something for me and I can't tell you. I don't want to lie, so just accept that I can't.."

Magnus was different today. He had been a little off the whole week but today everything it had reached its peak.

Usually, he was perfect, the perfect partner. He was caring and considerate, empathetic and honest, sweet and thoughtful. He always spoke up when he didn't like something instead of bottling it up, he always pushed Alec just the right amount to become a better person and do the right things. Alec had evolved so much ever since they had started dating and even though it wasn't quite a year, they had recently moved in together.

"So.. I should just accept that you're leaving for two days without explanation.." Alec concluded.

Magnus nodded. "Mhm." He closed the suitcase and turned to face his boyfriend. "I'll be back soon. Sunday, around midday, probably." Magnus said while he brushed a hand over Alec's cheek, his voice almost back to its normal caring tone.

"Magnus.. you're scaring me." Alec said honestly because he really didn't know how to deal with this. They told each other everything, maybe even too much. He shared every little detail from his day with Magnus and so did his lover. This was simply frustrating.

The worst thing was that since Alec didn't know what Magnus was doing, he had the freedom to imagine what it could be. The ideas he got were all horrible and nothing like Magnus. He hated himself for thinking that Magnus might cheat or secretly be a serial killer because it really didn't make sense.

Alec had also considered the cute possibilities, like Magnus planning a surprise or something but it didn't make sense either. Their anniversary was months away and his birthday had just been recently.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare you, my love." Magnus said softly. "I promise it's got nothing to do with you, it's just something that has to be done and once I'm back, everything will be normal again."

Alec didn't know how to reply to this but as Magnus leaned in for a kiss, he retreated. This sucked and Magnus shouldn't think that he was okay with it.

"First date, you said: I like how honest you are, Alexander. It's a quality I highly appreciate."

He saw in Magnus' eyes, that he was fighting with something. Maybe he could manage to get it out of him.

"Magnus, no matter what it is, I can handle it. I love you and if you owe someone something or.. or if stuff happened that you have to take care of.. it's okay, I.. I can forgive you anything." He truly meant it, knowing that it might be slightly toxic. Even if you cheated, Alec thought with a sting of pain in his chest, I'd still love you.

"Nothing like that. I didn't do anything and I don't plan to, either. Stop thinking so much. I gotta go now. "

He had almost seen how Magnus' face had closed off, as his boyfriend turned back to the bed and grabbed his suitcase.