ꕥ Dull Knives

Warning: Suicidal thoughts, Implied acts of violence

I'm holding my breath,
holding so tight
Nothing is wrong,
nothing is right
I'm in the dark,
looking for light
Won't someone please save my life?

Cold air was slapping him in the face, as he took one more step up. He was now on the railing, looking down into endless blackness.

Was he really going to do this? Yes, he was.

Life had once been promising but that time was so long ago, that he didn't even remember.

Since then, he had been used, betrayed, pushed around, heart broken and threatened.

It just didn't feel worth continuing all this. He simply didn't have anything to live for, he hadn't had such thing ever since his childhood.

He had managed for so long, but today, the last spark of hope inside him had finally disappeared. Nothing particular had happened, he had just woken up and known, that's it.

Here he was, standing on the railing of the Brooklyn bridge. It was 3am and barely cars passed him and the drivers who did were probably too exhausted to notice the slim boy who stood at the edge. Even if, why would they care? Why would anyone care. They might not even notice. What if no one notices?

The thoughts brought tears to his eyes and it surprised him because he hadn't cried in a long time. Maybe this was a healthy ending in that sense.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Then, Magnus Bane fell.

Dull knives
Taking my life
A slow burn fire
From the inside

"Woah!" A hand grabbed his hood and pulled with such a force, that he got thrown back and hit his head on the concrete as he landed back on the bridge.

"Fuck..." He hissed and held his aching head.

"Fuck indeed, that was close.." A voice said and as he looked up, he saw a boy around his age, panting hard.

Was he supposed to thank this stranger now?

He didn't because it hadn't been an accident and that prick had basically just decided something for him that shouldn't be in his power. He had decided that Magnus should live just a little longer.

"Are you okay? Shit, are you bleeding?" His savior crouched down and examined his head.

Now, in the yellow light of the street lamp, Magnus could see his face.

He was incredibly beautiful, but not in an arrogant way, in a very subtle and authentic one. He instantly found him sympathetic.

Then he remembered that he himself looked like a crying mess with a crack in the skull and probably seemed like some depressed, attention seeking weirdo. He should go. Go and come back tomorrow to try again.

"Fine." He whispered, his voice cracking. He got to his feet and thought of words to say but he was too aware of how he must come off already, so he decided to not say anything at all.

He turned and just when he was about to leave, a thought crossed his mind.

He turned back and looked for a car or maybe a dog but there was neither. What weirdo besides him was walking along this bridge at 3am? If Magnus Bane was one thing, then it was curious, so he just had to ask.