ꕥ One Day

I know that one day

"One day, I will marry you!"

4 years old

"I wanna! But mama don't let me!" Magnus explained sadly, knowing that these news would make his best friend very sad.

"But.. but.. a wizard will be there.. when mommy ask if I want a wizard or the- uhm- the juwgg-ler.. then I sayed wizard be-because Mwagnus like it better..!" Alec explained upset, then he stamped his foot on the floor and started to cry.

Magnus made big sad eyes and hugged him. It was stupid that he couldn't come to his birthday party but his mother was really scared about him getting hurt. She let him go to kindergarten and then come home, that was it.

He could only ever play with Alec here. It definitely wasn't enough because he wanted to play with Alec forever and also show him his cool plushy collection at home but it simply wasn't possible.

"I love wizards." He whispered, squeezing Alec tightly. "I'm sowwy."

"Your mama is stupid!" Alec burst out and Magnus instantly let go of him, giving his best friend a grumpy look. "No!"

"No, I know.. I- sorry." Alec sat down on the floor, grabbed a few lego pieces and staged them together, new tears rolling down his face. Magnus was the only person that he wanted at his party. He didn't give a damn about all the other kids.

When he had told his mom that he only wanted to invite Magnus, she had shook her head and told him to give every kid he knew an invitation. He had done so but he didn't care if they came.

And now the only person he wanted to celebrate with wouldn't come. Why even have a party? Why even have a birthday? Stupid!

Magnus dropped down next to him and also put some lego pieces together. "Let's build a house!" He suggested and gently bumped his shoulder with Alec's. The dark-haired nodded, sniffing a little. "Okay."

They build a house and Alec's mood got much better but whenever he thought of the next day, he felt like crying again.

He knew he was getting a glitter machine and the ironic thing was that he had only wished for it to show it to Magnus. What if he could never show Magnus? His best friend wasn't allowed to visit him, apparently not ever.

"One day. We live in this house!" Magnus announced when the building was done. Alec nodded and smiled.

"Yes!" then he had an idea. "Wait.." He jumped up and soon returned with the glitter jar that got used for crafts. Without thinking, he poured all the glitter over the Lego house.

Magnus squealed and looked at it with big loving eyes. "Ohmigod! You glitter-ed it! It's perfect!"

Alec giggled proudly and Magnus' happiness was even worth the scolding that he got later for having made such a mess.

He loved it when Magnus talked about a future together, it made him think that they would be best friends forever.

I'll be that one
thing that makes you happy

8 years old

Magnus' bad mood got lifted up when he saw Alec enter the classroom. He hugged him while his friend sat down next to him and didn't let go anymore.