Chapter 14: Text to Speech

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

She nods, hiding her notepad and phone in her pocket. She prepared a note saying 'I'm mute', but she wants to hear what he has to say first. She wants to so desperately hear his angelic voice up close. She just wants a friend, a real friend.

"It's you! I knew it!" He exclaims, almost having the urge to stand and hug her, but she notices, and hugs him first. Like on the warm spring days like today, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. But meanwhile, Jungkook seems to experience a stampede, as his heart beats faster than it has ever beated before.

Maybe it's the physical contact, or nervousness and anxiety on making a new friend. Or maybe it's just the mere fact that the one in his presence is a girl.

"Hey, uhm, if you're shy, it's okay, you can talk," He tells her, unaware she has her own disability, not just him.

So she takes out a note, this time not in the form of a paper heart, but a normal square lined piece of paper.

"Still like the notes, huh?" He asks, opening it up to reveal her truth. He stared at the words for a few moments, the same way how he stared out at the window. In his head, he regrets every word he said and wrote down.

Why couldn't he connect the dots? All the information makes sense now, like how she said notes were her favourite way of communicating. She said that because it was almost her only way.

"I'm so sorry," He apologizes, gripping onto her hand, trying to show how he felt in every way. But she just shows a weak smile in return, still tired from the lack of sleep.

She takes out her phone and types in a couple sentences. They talk like this for a while. And by a while, I mean the rest of the day. And over time, they drift closer to eachother, despite their mass amount of differences. Who said a man and woman can't be friends?

"Wait, Nari... I know sign language..." He signs, her eyes turning into a cresent.

"How did you start using a wheelchair?" Nari asked, her curiousity taking over her, her hands creating various shapes to communicate.

"Leg cancer. Had to amputate my left legs limbs. I could've used crutches, but I only use that sometimes. My parents are still saving up for a fake leg..." He tells, as if he's used to telling the story.

So, to brighten the mood, she dashes to the table where they prepare little snacks for the kids. As she runs back, she hands him strawberry ice cream, as the sky eventually becomes the exact same colour.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'With strawberry skies
'Cause I get so lost in
Your blueberry eyes'

- MAX, Ft SUGA 'Blueberry Eyes'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───