I'm Being Manipulated

The training continued after Ky left, and with a break for lunch, the dominoes were all lined up by evening. "Hmm, it seems that the dominoes are all lined up properly!" Jade said as he looked around then clapped his hands. "Excellent work, Marshall!" "I see, I'm so tired..." I said. Even though I was magically healed earlier, I had no idea how I managed this with my muscle soreness... "Well then, that's all for today's training," Jade said. "I see," I said. "On a related note, from tomorrow, you'll be running again with the Saint of Light doll in your arms," Jade said. "I see..." I said. "The distance will be longer than yesterday, so look forward to that!" ... Jade said something so scary with a smile. But I can't help it because I'm going back to my original world with Michaela. However, I feel like Michaela has the requirements for the Ultimate Magic... is there a point in me trying...? "... Marshall, please learn the Ultimate Magic," Jade said. "Ah, yes," I said. "I... will...?" Huh? Jade, why do you look so sad? I wonder if something went wrong with today's training... "Say, Jade, about today's training..." I started. "Well, I'm going to help prepare dinner now, so please clean up these dominoes." "Huuuhhhh...?!" I protested unconsciously. "Fufufuh, Marshall," Jade said. "The training is up to the clean-up. Well then, my job is done." "Hey, wait a minute!" I cried. Jade left the reception hall without listening to me. I couldn't complain, much more ask him why he made that face, but... for now, I'll give priority to cleaning up. If I stop to think about it, it'll be unlikely that I'll finish by dinner... Then, with my aching body, I gathered up the dominoes, cleaned up the hall, had dinner, took a long bath, and returned to my bedroom. " " I'm so tired today, so I want to fall asleep as is– "Michaela, if you're watching, can you call my communicator?" –But I thought I should lodge a complaint first. Gata-gata-gata-gata-gata. After I spoke to the Michaela doll, the communicator on a stand by my mirror started to vibrate. Yep, it seems like she was watching. I put the communicator to my ear and heard Michaela cheerfully say, "Ya-hoo, Saki! How are you?" Honestly... "Don't give me a 'Ya-hoo', geeze..." I muttered. "Huh, is something wrong?" Michaela asked. "You sound so exhausted... huh...! Are you missing me because we couldn't meet up for two days?!" "No, that's not why I'm exhausted..." "Woohoo!" Michaela cheered. "You didn't deny that you miss me! We're both in love, after all!" "Michaela, just listen to me..." I said. "Fufufuh, I'm sorry," Michaela said. "So, what's wrong?" "'What's wrong?', you say, after you added a surveillance function to the doll..." "Huh?!" Michaela cried. "You've got a problem with the surveillance function?! Why?!" "... Which is why I'd like to ask you why you thought that was okay for the next hour or so," I finished. "Ah, well, that's because I want to know everything about the people I love..." "Michaela... let's make sure not to run in trouble with the law..." "Fuh-fuh-fuh, in this world, the power of love is above any law," Michaela said. "Well, this word is pretty fantastical, so it's fine, but... when we get back to our original world, it's going to be awkward, right?" "... Yeah. That's right!" Michaela said. It feels like there was a delay in her reply... no way, we're not going to keep up this surveillance when we return to the original world... but wouldn't Michaela be the kind of person to try? "But listen, Saki," Michaela said. "Thanks to the monitoring function, I was able to send Ky to treat your muscle pain, right?" "Ah... well, that's true... thanks for that..." I said. "Don't mention it! The Reason Why The Saint Of Light Used Magic To Spy On The Marshall Of Darkness Was Because She Was Worried She Might Break Her Body!" "Don't try to fool me with lines like the title of a web novel..." I said. "But, I'm really worried about you, you know, Saki?" "Well, the concern is appreciated..." "And I can only monitor you when you're together with the doll, so I don't see your most intimate moments like your being in the bathroom, right?" "Well, that may be the case, but..." "Understood! Then, I'll only look when you say it's okay, Saki!" "In that case... well, just watch me when I'm training..." I said. "Yay! Woohoo!" "... Was it my imagination or were you extremely excited just now?" "It was your imagination, it was your imagination!" "Also, if you could have made a function that allowed mutual communication than surveillance, we could have talked during breaks." "Ah... you do have a point..." "'You do have a point'... did it only occur to you now?" "I was so obsessed with recording your cute appearance that I forgot! Tee-hee" "Okay, Michaela," I said. "Just erase everything you've recorded." "Huh?!" Michaela cried. "Why would you ask me to do such a terrible thing?!" "Isn't it terrible to record a friends' actions without their permission?" "Uuuu..." Michaela whimpered. "But can I at least keep that cute face you made when you were struggling about where to put the doll and ended up sleeping with it?!" "No way!" I yelled. "I'm so embarrassed, erase it! Wipe it from the record and from your memory!" "Understood..." Michaela said. "Tch, I was going to make it a treasured memory for the rest of my life, too." "Please don't make such a disturbing keepsake... come on, even before we go back to our world, once the peace treaty is signed we can go out and have fun before we cast the Ultimate Magic," I said. "... Yeah! That's fair!" ... There seemed to be a delay in her reply again. "Well then, Saki, I'm sure you're tired, so let's leave it at that for now." "Ah, yeah," I said. "Well then, good night, Michaela, thanks for the help in training." "Fuh-fuh-fuh, I'll do anything for you, Saki! Now then, good night!" "Yeah, goodnight, Michaela," I said. When I hung up, I felt my room was as silent as yesterday. It feels like I've been manipulated again, but... she's not going to spy on me when I'm vulnerable anymore and it'll be fine to take her at her word that she'll erase the recordings...