I'm Learning

Diamond took Michaela and quietly returned home. I don't feel too good watching Michaela so close with Diamond, even though I'm trying not to cause a scene. When she was close to the Heroes of Light, I was fine... "Marshall, that's what we call being in love," Jade said. "No, I haven't decided if we're in love yet... woah?!" I yelled. Before I knew it, there was Jade, smiling and saying a phrase like part of the lyrics of a legendary idol's song. I was quite shocked by that alone, but he looks even weirder with that huge tank on his back with a hose that ends in a showerhead. "My, Marshall, what are you so surprised by?" Jade asked. "What are you doing...?" I asked. "Why are you wearing equipment like the two-stage boss of a certain horror game?" "Fufufu, don't worry," Jade said. "The tank is just full of disinfectant." "Disinfectant?" I asked. "Indeed!" Jade said. "It seems that Prince Diamond was here earlier, so I have to spray it thoroughly!" "Ah... so that's why..." I said. Well, we just met face-to-face, so he wants to disinfect the place...? "Indeed!" Jade said. "Well, if Prince Diamond was still here, I thought I'd spray him with a chemical that dissolves his whole body, like the two-stage boss of a certain horror game." "Jade..." I said. "Now that we're working towards peace, please refrain from triggering the resumption of full-scale war..." "... Hahaha!" Jade said. "No, Marshall, I'm just kidding, just kidding!" ... I wonder if he is because the smile doesn't reach the eyes behind his glasses. "But, it made you sick to see that even the Saint of Light so powerless against Prince Diamond, wasn't it?" "No, well, that's..." True, however... Even if I take this another way, my chest hurts. Did I feel sick watching Diamond because I like Michaela or– –Did I feel sick because I remembered the last time I saw Mika in our original world? I'm still thinking about her, I'm doing being a terrible friend to Michaela... "... I believe the Saint of Light loves you, Marshall, including those parts you can't change, you see?" Jade said, smiling gently like he read my mind. "... So, what about it?" I asked. "I'm sure you know it," Jade said. "Then, let's do our best again with Training From Hell starting tomorrow, for the Saint of Light! It'll be harder because we need to be just in time for the peace treaty signing ceremony!" "Don't say something so terrifying with such a positive smile..." I said. Well, now that I know how long it will take to learn it, can I report that to Michaela...? As Jade said, starting tomorrow, the harder training began. "Right! You've run half the distance I planned, so let's take it up a notch from here!" Jade said. "I-I can't do it..." I said. "You're the Marshall of Darkness, you'll definitely be able to do it!" Jade said. "Right, Saint of Light doll?!" "The Saint of Light Is Watching Over And Supporting Her Beloved Marshall Anytime, Anywhere!" With all that said, the difficulty of running with the Michaela doll in a princess carry increased– "Right!" Jade said. "You're going to complete a 600-piece white jigsaw puzzle today!" "That's unreasonable..." "No, it's not!" Jade said. "If you take it seriously, Marshall, you can do this much! Right, Saint of Light?!" "The Saint Of Light Will Follow The Marshall To The Ends Of The Earth Even If The She Tries To Escape Her!" With all that said, the difficulty of my concentration strengthening training increased– "Two hundred and seventy, two hundred and seventy... Marshall!" Jade yelled. "You're slowing down!" "Ja-Jade..." I wheezed, "my arms can't take anymore!" "No, no, you should still be fine! Right, Saint of Light doll?!" "No Matter How Long The Saint of Light Can't Meet With Her, She Loves The Marshall Of Darkness, So She Doesn't Need To Worry About Her Having An Affair At All!" –With all that said, the push-ups with the Michaela doll on my back were reintegrated into the training. I feel like I'm definitely getting stronger, but it feels like it's more physically than magically. Despite my doubts, the days of training continued, and finally, it was the day before the peace treaty signing ceremony. "... Yes! Training is over!" Jade said. Against the background of the setting sun, he laughed with his white teeth shining brightly. "That's... a relief..." I said. "Honestly, you've endured this far!" Jade said. "With this, you will always be ready to use the Ultimate Magic with the Saint of Light! Right, Saint of Light doll?!" Jade patted the Michaela doll's head. "The Saint Of Light Loves The Strong And Cool Marshall, But She Also Loves The Pretty And Feminine Marshall, So Don't Worry!" The Michaela doll is giving me the title of a web novel... no, it just says embarrassing lines with a straight face. I've gotten so used to it that I don't feel any discomfort... "Well then, I'll explain how to use the Ultimate Magic," Jade said. "... What? Just like that?" I asked. I came back to the present with Jade's words. "It's alright, Marshall," Jade said. "The actual usage is quite simple." "Is... that so...?" I asked. "Yes!" Jade said. "Just have a clear image of what you desire and want to make real no matter what, and pour in all the mana you have into that desire, that's all!" "Really...?" I asked. I don't have to worry if I don't need to worry about a complicated incantation. "Indeed!" Jade said. "However, since all that mana will be concentrated in one image, it puts a considerable strain on the body." " " "So that's why running and strength training were on the regime..." "Precisely!" Jade said. "With how you are now, Marshall, you're perfectly fine using the Ultimate Magic!" "Then thank you," I said. Well then... now that the prospect of a full-fledged return to my original world was right there... huh? But what about... "... It's not a problem, Marshall," Jade said. "Your Majesty and I both want you to be happy," he said, smiling softly against the setting sun. So he knew what I wanted to use the Ultimate Magic for from the start... "Marshall, please be happy with the Saint of Light," Jade said. It's like pre-marriage congratulations, and it's a little embarrassing, but– "... Thank you. I'll definitely be happy with her." –In front of Jade's serious expression, I could only say that.