I'm Shocked

Thanks to Diamond's ridiculous words, the drawing room's air became indescribable. I want to bail right here and now and hide somewhere... but let's play along, I am the no 2 of the Dark Faction. And their No. 2, was the reason I'm in this mess... "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Fufufuh," Diamond chuckled. "You're in love with me, and that's why you became friends with the Saint of Light, who's also in love with me, yes?" "What the, how did this happen...?" I asked. "You don't have to be so shy, Little Kitten!" Diamond said. "It's fantastic you're getting along with the people who're also in love with me!" ... It's no use. Talking to this guy makes my head hurt. "... Saint of Light," I said. "Yes, what is it, Marshall?!" Michaela asked. "I need to talk to you," I said. "What?!" Michaela cried. "Is it a love confession?!" "No, don't be silly, just come with me to a corner of the room," I said. " " "Tch... understood," Michaela said. As we moved to the corner and turned our back to Diamond and the rest of the room, Michaela smiled and nodded at me. "So, Saki, what did you want to talk about?" she asked. "I have plenty of things to ask about..." I said. "What do you want to know?" Michaela asked. "Ah, if it's Jade's singing, it's a marching song when the army trains and lyrics are improvised!" "Hmm, I see," I said. "So, you know that well, don't you, Michaela?" "Yes!" Michaela said. "It's because I heard it in an otome game I was addicted to!" "Hmm, I see... like hell!" I yelled. "You're so cute when you get mad like that, Saki!" "Enough!" I said. "So what's the story with Diamond earlier?" "Ah, do you really want to know?" Michaela asked. "Naturally..." I said. "Why does Diamond think I'm in love with him...?" "Umm, you know how I told you the other day that I'd arranged for a peace treaty with Diamond's help?" Michaela asked. "Hmm, yes. I remember that," I said. "Well you see, he was reluctant at first," Michaela said. "Come on, Diamond's full of himself, isn't he?" "Well, yes, he is..." "But, on the other hand, if you flatter his ego a bit, he's not so bad." "Michaela... you're at the top of your organization, you should think more about what you say..." "It's fine, it's fine," Michaela said. "So, I say to him 'If you broker a peace, the Marshall will love you even more than she does now, Diamond!'" "More than I do now... but in the first place, my affection to him is zero..." I said. "But you know, the idols who protected their seaside school also said, "It's very hard but rewarding to turn zero into one', right?" "Well, that's true, but..." "So, if your affection with him has gone up even a little, you can't say I was lying," Michaela said. "No, I don't like him more at all..." "Oh, really?" "What do you mean, 'really'... you should have roped me into this plan after explaining it more," I said. "Ahahahah, sorry, sorry," Michaela said. Although she's saying sorry, Michaela doesn't look regretful at all. "But, come on, when a guy tries to get between lilies, he's usually beaten up by yuri gangsters until he changes his mind, so it's okay to leave him alone!" "Don't say something so ridiculous..." I said. "There aren't any yuri gangsters who can beat up Diamond." "Marshall." ... Or so I thought. The voice was in my immediate vicinity. I looked behind me, Jade was smiling, his eyes and lips shaking, his neck tilted to one side... This is definitely a mess I need to take care of. "Umm... what's wrong, Jade?" "Since Prince Diamond keeps raving and ranting, I wonder if we need to do a change of pace and scenery," Jade said. "A change of pace and scenery?" I asked. "Yes, so if you'll please give me permission to spar with him..." Jade said. "No way I can give you that!" Isn't a sparring match just an excuse to beat him up? I can't do that... Why is this situation so quickly getting so ridiculous– "My, oh my, what are you so angry about? Yuri just a way to keep little kittens from getting into troubles with harems?" Diamond asked. –And now I've lost hope to turn things around. As a matter of course, the Yuri Gangsters went on the full attack. "Shut up!" Jade yelled. "Mother****ers like you always mistake lesbian lovers as 'Wanting to form a harem eventually'!" Jade is being Jade, he's yelling furiously... how can we solve this...? "Hey, hey, Sa... I mean, Marshall," Michaela said. "Yes, what's the matter...?" I asked. "Do we really need to be here?" Michaela asked. "Probably not," I said. The argument between Jade and Diamond is getting heated and we were only supposed to just greet each other... umm, in this kind of situation... I looked to Gibeon and got a wry nod and a hand gesture saying it was okay to leave. Thank god I have a father who knows what he's doing... "Well then, Saint of Light, let's leave this place," I said. "Yes, Marshall!" Michaela said. There's trouble brewing already but I'm happy to have the chance to speak to Michaela for the first time in a while.