I'm Dumbfounded

Mika shook her head with a smile on her face. "What's wrong, Saki? You look so shocked." What's wrong, she asks...? "Are you really Mika?" I asked. "Yes. It's really me, Mika Nonoyama. Well, I just look like Michaela," Mika replied without breaking that smile. It doesn't look like she's lying. But then that means... "What you told me the other day, about before you came to this world..." If what she said was true, then Mika was in love with– "Oh, that? That was a lie, don't you know?" –There was no reason for me to believe that. I should have realized that. "Because if I told you that, you wouldn't be wary of me, Saki... even if I try to do something like this!" Bang. "Woah?!" Mika's sudden light ball blew me to a corner of the room. I don't feel much pain but my whole body is numb and I can't move. "Well, you won't be able to move for a while..." Mika says, smiling as she approaches me slumped on the floor. She stopped by my side and crouched to look me in my face. "This will be the last time I'll see your face, Saki, so I'll tell you the truth." What's the truth? "I've always liked Jade." ... Jade, huh? But Mika has been... "Oh, why did I say I liked the Marshall of Darkness? Because, when I say a male character is my favorite, so many people call me a creepy otome game otaku." [INS: :INS] I don't think that's right. "And you see, Jade looks a bit like my boyfriend, doesn't he? Boyfriend... was that the person I saw before I came to this world? "In addition, there was a rumor on SNS that the Jade Route was added as an update, and a condition was to finish the Marshall of Darkness's route first. ... I would have seen such a piece of news, for sure. "And the face that you make when I say I like the Marshall of Darkness was so fascinating." Fascinating... "I've always talked about you resembling the Dark Marshall, Saki, and I can smile at your face when you hope, 'Maybe she also likes me.'" ... "And even after I came to this world, I was trying to enter your route because I wanted to get closer to Jade, but you got so serious about it... you're a really simple person, aren't you, Saki?" ... No, I don't want to listen to this anymore. "But since I came to this world, I tried to capture Jade... but Jade seems to like you a lot..." Suddenly, Mika's smile disappeared. "... You're a real pain, don't you know?" ... Was that her real intention? "That's why I decided to use the Ultimate Magic to return just you to our original world, Saki. If his beloved is gone, I think I can get in Jade's good graces and capture him... oh, right." Mika's smile returns. "If that's the case, you'll make it possible for my love story to come true... so, I'll have to thank you, Saki." Mika brought her face closer as she said that– "Yes, thank you." –She put her lips on my right cheek. Why... are you doing this...? "What do you look so surprised about? You've always wanted me to do this, right?" Mika asked as she stood up. "Well then, I'm going." Then, she turns her back to me and heads to the door. She said she was just using me– "... Bye-bye, Saki." –But why does she sound so sad? The numbness kept me from replying, Mika left the room without looking back. Shortly after she left, I regained the feeling in my body. I tried to open the door, but it didn't budge at all. Even if I use attack spells, it doesn't seem to open. Maybe Mika sealed it with magic. She said that she wanted to return just me to our original world, but will she use it during the signing ceremony? Did Jade and Gibeon both agree that they'd we'd both return to our original world, together? Then why does she think only I'm going home? It could be a cover, but no: I wonder if the balance of power between Light and Dark will be lost because I'm gone. ... I have so many questions but no answers. Well, to get those answers, I have to leave this room, so I can't do anything... "... Faaah." ... Somehow, I'm getting sleepy. I'm so tired that I think I should lie down a bit. When I laid down on my bed, I felt a softness and warmth bloom on my right cheek. ... Is this the feeling of Mika's lips? I'm certain, I hallucinated Mika kissing me. But this sentiment– Doss... "Woah?!" –Was one I couldn't indulge in for much longer. Thanks to the Michaela doll leaning against my bed, I'm no longer feeling sentimental. It's 1:1 scale, has a certain weight to it, so it's painful if I can't get it off me. If I move it, I wonder if a line like a web novel will come out again. But it was all a lie anyway, so let's not worry too much about it– "Panpakan-pan! You've touched me a specific amount of times, Saki, so as a reward, I'll give you a secret line now!" "... Huh?" –Or so I thought. "I'll tell you the truth about what happened before you came to this world and why I'm trying to use the Ultimate Magic!" Even if the Michaela doll was as cheerful as usual, it sounded very worried. __________________________________________________________ T/N: I made a massive continuity error. It seems that Saki did not have a separate office this entire time, her bedroom and her office are one and the same, the door that Pomegranate installed in the beginning is the same one to her bedroom.