I'm With Prince Charming, Part 4

I was in the same class as Saki all throughout junior high school. That's why we were together during any event. Whether it's a field trip, school festivals, longer school trips... or just extra-curricular activities. I've been isolated from everyone else, so I was alone all the time. Meanwhile, around our third year, we decided to go to a nursery near the school for work experience. Even though we said it's work experience, all we did was play with children. However, I got depressed since I wasn't very good with them. But since Saki is with me, I decided to put up with it. On the day of our work experience, the children's squeaky, high-pitched voices made me want to go home the moment we said hello for the day. However, as she stood beside me, Saki was always smiling without changing her expression. When she got to play with the kids, she smiled so happily. "Hey, Saki," I asked. " " "Hmm? Something wrong, Mika?" she asked. "When you're surrounded by the kids, isn't it tough?" I asked. It was after our work experience was over, that I asked that question. "Yeah, I don't think it was," Saki said. "Hmm, is that so?" I said. "I'm a little exhausted by it all. I'm not good with small children." "Ah, that would make your work painful, wouldn't it?" Saki said, nodding and smiling, not blaming me for my lack of child-handling skills. "I really like little kids, so it wasn't too bad," Saki said. Then, she smiled. Does she like kids? I wonder if Saki is the perfect superhuman because she's kind, cool, and can be so motherly...? ... Huh? Does she want to be a mother? "What happened all of a sudden, Mika?" Saki asked. "You got quiet." "Oh, I'm sorry, sorry, it's nothing! It's just..." I said. "Go on?" "I think you'd make a really good mother, Saki, I'm impressed!" I said. "Wha–, D-Don't say anything weird!" Saki cried. Despite it, she looked embarrassed. At that time, I knew it. I couldn't stay with Saki all the time... and I shouldn't be. If I confess to Saki, I'm sure she'll accept my feelings. Saki also probably realized she's got special feelings for me. That way, I can spend more time with Saki. Hopefully, when we grow even older, I'll be able to have her all by myself. But that would destroy Saki's chances of becoming a good mother. ... Maybe Saki will say, "Don't worry about that." But I don't want to kill the dreams of my loved ones. Hence, I decided not to confess my feelings. Someday, when Saki finds someone to love, I'll be by her side, smiling and wishing them happiness. After that, I tried to keep a step away from her. I started to play that otome game I'd been looking forward to. I gave up my love for Saki and started missing her. In those circumstances, the game was released when we went to the same high school. Looking back on it, it was a really good game... I liked the story, the Marshall of Darkness was so cool, and Saki was also interested because of the top-down bullet-hell battle system... Additionally, I was able to talk about my feelings for Saki in front of her by disguising it as my feelings for the Marshall of Darkness, I was able to flirt with her through cosplay. ... But that only added to the emptiness inside me. " " After all, I'm not supposed to make my dreams come tree. And at that time– "Saint of Light, Ky has come back from treating muscle soreness." –I suddenly heard someone speak and came back to the present. I looked back, there Ky stood with a tense face and his hands wrapped around his staff. If I sit by the window and look at the stars, will a Hero of Light stand out there without coming into my room? "Ah, um, is Ky bothering you?" Ky asked. "No, you're good," I said. "Sorry to bother you. Oh, and thank you for healing the Marshall." "It's no problem!" Ky said. "Ky wants to help the Saint of Light!" "Fufufuh, I'm happy to hear you say that." "If you're happy, that's the best Ky could ask for! But..." Ky said. "But, what?" I asked. "But... Ky is against that plan!" Ky said with a strange and dignified look. What do I say...? "What plan are you talking about?" I asked. "Don't play dumb!" Ky yelled. "Ky knows you've hidden a message in that doll!" "Oh, so you know I'm only going to bring Saki back to our original world," I said. "That's not all, you know?!" Ky yelled. ... Did he hear that much? "Because, with this plan, you, Saint of Light..." "Ky, look into my eyes," I said. "... Huh?" Ky asked. The moment he did, Ky stops moving, his eyes turn blank. "You haven't seen anything, you haven't heard anything, you don't know anything... right?" "Yes..." Ky mumbled. "Ky hasn't seen anything... Ky hasn't heard anything... Ky doesn't know anything..." Alright. It seemed the hypnosis spell worked well. "Right!" I said. "Then, will you be returning to your room, Ky?" "Yes... huh? By the way, why did Ky come here?" Ky asked. "What are you saying, Ky?" I teased. "You came here to say good night!" "Huh...? Oh, that's right... well then, good night, Saint of Light," Ky said. "Yeah, good night!" I said. Ky was shaking his head but he was convinced and left the room. I didn't want to use too much magic but this time around, I can't help it. This plan must be a success for Saki. However, I'm sure it's a little uninspired, isn't it...?