pt .7

changmin pov

Finally, the last floor.

We were almost done with the heist and the girl still hasn't managed to stop us entirely. I would admit that the lasers did slow us down quite a bit, but thank god for flexibility.

I turned back, hoping to see the drone that has been following us for the extended period of the heist when it was no longer there.

"Something feels off," I raised.

"Why?" Juyeon asked shortly, as he continued to stuff jewellery into his bag.

"The girl's drone is gone. It's not following us anymore," I pointed out.

"Maybe she realised that she might lose and started running away?" Juyeon suggested. "Right we're done," he continued as he threw his bag around his shoulder.

We headed to the roof of the jewellery store and was about to take the ladder in the back alley down when we came across more policemen. This time, instead of the usual dark blue uniform, they wore black ones with lots of protection. They held guns in their hands with red lasers pointing right at our bodies.

"Behind," Sangyeon called.

Unfortunately, the minute we turned around, a helicopter flew above our heads, it's headlights giving us the spotlight of the scene. We stepped back, away from the helicopter. My eyes caught onto a green light near one of the buildings to see the drone hidden quietly there.

"She's still watching us," I pointed out.

"She must've stayed to see the show," Juyeon hinted.

I looked over at our leader who was also listening into our conversation.

"Let's paint the roof," Sangyeon stated.

Without another sound, Juyeon quickly turned around and slid the policeman behind him off his feet.

"Man the gun!" I heard one of the men in the helicopter shout.

I pulled out mine and aimed for the helicopter's headlights, disappearing into the darkness of the night and the shadows of our enemies. I turned around to find a red laser pointing straight at my chest. Before the policeman in front of me could react, I swung my arm forward and shot him in the chest instead.

He fell back, eyes open as his blood flooded around him. Beside him, Juyeon was pushing another officer of the building. The last thing heard was a loud scream before the silence. The rooftop was filled with sounds of gunshots and shouts of the officers who were trying to immobilise us. Keyword: trying.

As soon as we thought it was over, the police helicopter above us, lowered rope ladders. Police officers who were stationed initially on the helicopter now dropped down with pistols in their hands.

They had surrounded us, blocking all our escape routes.

"Stand down Mafia. We can do this the easy way or the hard way," announced one of the officers loudly from their helicopter.

"Is there really an easy way?" Sangyeon joked before proceeding to kick the officer in front of him.

Juyeon and I took the hint and quickly assaulted the other policemen who were aiming at us. However, everytime they readied themselves to shoot, we got to them first and made sure that they stayed down. The helicopter above us started ascending away to make room for another one that was approaching.