pt. 13

Heejin pov

I was woken up from the feeling of the bed beside me dipping. My eyes fluttered open to see Jacob getting out of the bed and Younghoon standing in front of him.

"I was taking care of her. She was screaming last night from a nightmare," I heard Jacob say.

Slowly, I pushed myself up from underneath the covers, propping onto my forearms.

"Up already, Princess?" Jacob asked.

I nodded my head, rubbing my eyes to get used to the light that leaked in from the window.

"Can you walk?" he asked again, guiding me to the edge of my bed.

He held mine as I slowly, slid off the side of the bed. The minute my feet hit the floor, they shook and failed beneath me. I found myself on the floor, legs to either side of my hips in a W formation.

Jacob was about to help me up when I stopped him, holding up a palm. I pulled myself onto the bed, using it to support myself to stand up. Eventually, I gained the confidence to let go of Jacob's hand and started walking around the room slowly.

"It's like watching a baby take its first steps," Younghoon pointed out, a smile on his face.

I looked up from the floor and smiled back.

"Alright, hop in the shower, we'll get your clothes from Kevin's room. Your towels are already inside," Younghoon continued. "Afterwards, I'll re-bandage your wounds."

I nodded my head before walking to my bathroom and turning on the water. Adjusting the water temperature, I started stripping myself of the dirty, musty ass bandages. After, when I had finished, I peeked my head out of the bathroom door to check for my clothes on the bed. Together with my clothes was a dental care pack which consisted of a toothbrush and toothpaste.

I tiptoed over the wooden planks and ran back into the shower to wear my clothes and clean up even more. I was brushing my teeth halfway when there was knock on the door.

"Heejin-ah, are you done yet?" Younghoon's voice was heard behind the door.

I quickly spat out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth before opening the door. The boy towered over me; curse my 5'2 ass. He brought me over to my bed, his cart was beside it.

"Are you feeling better today?" he asked.

His hands prepared the bandages that were needed to re-wrap my wounds, a smile on his face.

"Yeah," I replied, not sure what else I was supposed to say.

"That's great," Younghoon praised.

The boy walked over with a bandage in his hand. He bent down and looked at me. He nodded his head before wrapping my wound with the iodinated bandage. He was awaiting something, a scream or wince of some sort, but I didn't give him any.

"Jacob was telling me earlier, about how you had nightmares last night," he started. "Is it frequent?" he asked.

I sucked in air between my teeth. "Somewhat," I answered, a half truth, half lie..

"Ah," Younghoon acknowledged.

With that, Younghoon changed the topic. We continued talking until Younghoon had finished bandaging up all of my wounds. At that moment, my stomach started growling loudly. Quickly, I hugged my waist out of embarrassment.

"You must be hungry. C'mon let's go downstairs and have breakfast with the rest of the members," Younghoon invited, cleaning up the left over bandage that has been left open throughout the whole session.

I nodded my head and went to a sofa chair in the corner of the room to take my hoodie that has been casually thrown there, along with my bag. It was cold that morning, I noticed it when I had left the shower. I pulled the hoodie over my head and watched as my arms disappeared into the fabric. Only my hands showed at the end, along with the bandages that were wrapped around my hand.

"C'mon," the boy called for me.

I followed him out, pulling at the ends of the sleeves of my hoodie to cover more of my cold hands. I trailed behind Younghoon as we headed to the stairs that oversaw the whole living room.

The steps were made of marble, making them cold. With every step down the stairs, my toes would curl from the coldness. When we reached the solid floor again, I held onto Younghoon's jacket, clinging to him like a child. He gave me a sweet smile before bringing me to the kitchen to find food.

"What do you normally eat? Bread?" he asked.

I nodded my head. Without another word, Younghoon opened a cupboard and pulled out two packets of milk toast. He passed one to me before bringing me to sit at the bar counter together with Sunwoo.

Ah. Sunwoo. The boy who's afraid of dogs.

He sat there with a cup of black coffee in his hand. His head looked as though it was about to reach the counter as it jerked up and down continuously.

"Late night?" Younghoon prompted.

"Mhm. I only came back at 5am because of the damn drone. The motherfvcker didn't want to lose me, even if I had already changed and turned into so many streets."

He probably worked as a part-time hitman for other small gangs in the country. They're always trying to find more people. My pinkies crossed each other, as they tapped nervously.

"If you want..." I began, Sunwoo clearly perked up by the sudden hearing of my voice. His eyes widened.

"...I can let you train with my drone," I offered. "It'll be great too because I was looking into improving my drone so that it's able to conduct offence mechanisms rather than voyeur ones."

"Voyeur-" Sunwoo choked out.

"You get what I mean," I clarified.

"But- that'll be great! When do you want to start?" he asked.

"Mmm. Maybe some time after I recover from the wounds," I suggested.

"Righttt~ I heard Changmin did some damage on you," Sunwoo recalled.

"Mhm some," I retorted sarcastically, pulling up my hoodie sleeve to show him my arm that has been nicely bandages by Younghoon.

Sunwoo let out a laugh at the joke, as his jaw dropped at the bandage that climbed up my arm from my hands to disappear into the hoodie opening.