pt .26

jacob pov

The next day, I had to get up really early. The night before, after taking care of Heejin, I went over to Sangyeon's room to tell him about it.

"Hey, Heejin had another nightmare," I shared, nudging the leader awake.

"I thought that was normal," he groaned.

"Yes but this time, it was Hyunjae getting hurt not her," I continued.

"Sunwoo said something similar the other day. How Changmin got hurt instead of her," Sangyeon shared.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"If she knows her father best, and she knows about his actions, he could pose as a possible threat to our gang," he started. "Let's visit him for the last time, shall we?"

And with that, I found myself in a van with Sangyeon, and Juyeon and Hyunjae in the back. We arrived at the mental hospital like usual. It was the same nurse on duty from the last time we were here.

"Oh! You're Heejin's friends, aren't you?" she noticed.

"Yup!" I answered.

"How is she from yesterday?" she asked, turning to Hyunjae.

"She's recovering quickly," Hyunjae answered.

"She's always like that. Probably from the effects of getting hurt so many times by her father, her body just heals faster than normal people," the nurse shared.

We nodded our heads in acknowledgement.

"Here are your visitor passes," she said, passing us four name tags.

We took them and thanked her after, before heading to Heejin's father's room.

"Haknyeon get ready," Sangyeon spoke, tapping on the intercom we wore.

We reached the door. We gave it a small knock before entering. As per usual, the man was chained down to his bed.

"Good morning, Mr.Jeong," Sangyeon greeted coldly.

Hyunjae, Juyeon and I filed into the he room behind him, closing the door bas we did. The man lifted his head to see us. Immediately after meeting eye contact with Sangyeon, his chains started to rattle loudly.

"Monsters!" he growled.

I let out a soft scoff.

"Get away!" he shouted.

"Actually, we were thinking of something else," Juyeon prompted, walking over.

The old man stared at Juyeon, eyes wide open, as Juyeon took out a small smelling salt. However, unlike regular ones, we used ours to put our victims to sleep.

"Good night!" I wished, a sinister smile on my face.

The man fell back onto his bed. As Juyeon started to gather the old man and his limbs, I turned on my intercom.

"Hak, time to go," I commanded.

Immediately, the sirens on the other side of the hospital went off. Hyunjae, at the door, peeked out the window to see all the nurses running towards the sound of the siren.

"Let's go," he instructed, pulling the door open.

Quickly all of us filed out of the room and out the hospital, into the black van we were now so familiar with. As Juyeon began to put the old man down, Hyunjae had hopped into the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Step on it Jae!" I exclaimed.

Hyunjae did as told. We hightailed ourselves out of the place and went back home with our newly found victim. On the way home, somehow, Juyeon has managed to tie the old man's arms and legs. Way to be resourceful. When we reached home, it was almost dinner.

"Put him in the chamber first. We'll show the rest after dinner. Wouldn't want them to lose their appetite," Sangyeon said.

Juyeon nodded and brought the man down together with Hyunjae.

Just then, Heejin and Sunwoo came down the stairs. I just hoped she didn't see the 'present' for her later.

"What are y'all doing?" I asked.

"We're going to go test out her drone!" Sunwoo exclaimed happily.

"I made some adjustments, so it should be able to fire at a greater distance!" the girl shared, clearly proud of her work.

"Okay. Don't stray to far from the mansion! Don't get caught too!" I advised.

"We won't!" Sunwoo exclaimed back.

With that, they left by the back door.

"Has anyone told you that you sound like a mother when you advise us like that?" Younghoon pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. At that same moment, Juyeon and Hyunjae walked out of the dark hallway. They gave us a nod before heading up to get ready for dinner and after.

"He's in the chamber now. Changmin should be there," I shared.

"Another toy for Changmin to play with? How fun," Younghoon commented sarcastically.