pt. 25

heejin pov (at the same time)

'Friend' was another code word for enemy, and it was time to start acting.

I could see my father's eyes darken itself, setting the mood.

Sweetheart!

Come here and tell me about the mission!

"Dad, there's a problem with that," I started, he quietened slightly, letting out huffs to maintain the mood.

"What is it?" he growled lowly.

I wanted to tell you that I think that my mission could be compromised. I almost got caught earlier.

"How about we try A.L.P.S." he said.

Okay now he's just making codes up.

"ALPS?" I asked. "What's that?" I continued.

"Well, first you have to be in the mood to leave," he said.

My head turned at that thought. That sounds familiar.

"Then, you come here," he stated.

'Be in the mood'... to act. 'Come here'... lead them here.

I stepped forward to him, finally starting to understand the message. I moved to lean against the bed, his hand moving to around my waist.

"Then, I provide you with assistance," he continued.

'Assistance'...on his part

"Lastly, you have the sacrifice," he ended.

I gasped, a little too loud, at the realisation. The plan ended up with him sacrificing himself. In who's hands, that's still unknown. I heard the door open and my father's gaze shift over to the door. He looked back at me, visually telling me that Hyunjae was in the room

"Sorry," he whispered before a loud click echoed through the room.

I nodded my head slightly

"Heejin!" Hyunjae shouted.

I waited for tha pin and finally, it came. I let out a loud scream, playing my part in this impromptu plan that father has came up with on the spot. Hyunjae pulled me away, holding me up. My hand went down to my waist, apply pressure so that I won't lose so much blood.

"You're crazy!" he shouted loud enough that nurses were running to us.

"What happened?" a nurse asked.

"He cut his own daughter," Hyunjae stated.

The nurse noticed the knife and took it away from the man.

"Let's bring her to the infirmary," another nurse stated behind us.

Time skip

When we reached home, the minute Hyunjae and I walked through the doors, we were met with all the members waiting for us, including Sangyeon and Jacob