pt .22

heejin pov

After about half an hour, I left the chamber with fake information. Hyunjae was still outside waiting for me.

"What did she say?" he asked.

"Her mafia's new to the city. Had some grenade shipment from an European client and y'all were caught in their cross-fire. Her mafia's not that big though, just a lot of connections. She asks for us to stay to one side of the docks so that we don't fight again. It would be better for y'all not to get hurt, especially you," I said pointing to his bandaged thigh.

"How did you get that much information out of her? Even Changmin couldn't, and he's Changmin," he asked.

"I have my ways. I can be very convincing," I answered. "So what're going to do with her now?" I continued to ask.

"Keep her here till we don't think need her," he said.

"Then what?" I asked.

"Then we get rid of her like what we do with all our prisoners we don't need," he stated.

I thought about it for a while.

"Does that mean, if y'all don't need me, you'll get rid of me too?" I asked.

He let out a gasp before grabbing my hand. "Nonononono. It's not like that," he said. "You're not a prisoner. You're one of us," he continued. "And you'll always be one of us," he ended, holding my hands in his tightly, cupping them in his.

"Really?" I asked for assurance, giving him puppy eyes for an added fragile effect.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed. "C'mon don't you have shooting training with Chanhee?" he pointed out.

"Right," I replied, enunciating every single syllable.

He walked ahead, inviting me to follow him. When he was some distance away, he turned back.

"You can go first, I need to tie a shoelace. It came off just now," I shouted, bending down.

He nodded, thinking not a single thought more of it. I just hoped it was loud enough for Suyeon to hear. 'Tie a shoelace' meant that they'll keep 'tying' you to them until they're finished with you. In writing, the whole sentence is grammatically wrong but spoken, it slips past the person.

I quickly tied my shoelace as I watch Hyunjae walk away. I headed up to my room to quickly change and head for training with Chanhee.

"What took you so long? I was actually thinking that you ran. Was about to call up Sunwoo or Eric to run after you," he joked, letting out a laugh at the end.

"Ran? I may be a reckless youth, but I don't lan on doing something that stupid. It's impossible to outrun y'all. Learnt it from Day 0," I replied.

He let out a scoff.

"I was helping Hyunjae with getting info out of the girl," I explained.

"You?" he clarified.

"Yes me. Why is that such a big surprise," I asked, more of stated the fact.