one

the day was a bit cloudy outside of his window, which made him stay at home that weekend. he usually enjoyed those days for walking outside and feeling the breeze, but today the blond didn't feel like it.

it was sunday so after preparing everything for school the next day, jisung decided to chill in his bedroom. simply scrolling through his phone and enjoying his favourite videos until his eyes came across a recommendation he hadn't seen or listened to before.

(PENTAGON) '데이지(Daisy)' Official Music Video

"never heard of them" he thought out loud. jisung became curious about it so he clicked on the video. and by the end of it, he was more than amazed. the seventeen year old thought it was the best song he had ever heard. the day went on with that song on replay while he was cleaning his room. eventually, he had learned all the lyrics so he could sing along and went to sleep with it stuck in his head.

when the next morning arrived, jisung woke up feeling like he hadn't gotten enough sleep. for a second he thought about staying home once but decided to shower thinking it would help, and it did. after brushing his teeth and getting ready for the long day he had ahead, jisung grabbed his headphones before leaving. he would walk to school like most days which was also a perfect excuse to enjoy his most recent discovery, daisy.

it didn't take much time to get to school, just around ten minutes. unlike yesterday, the day was sunny, which cheered jisung up. in his short stay in the halls, he wasn't able to find any of his friends, so the blond decided to head towards his first class on his own.

sitting in the back of the classroom and making sure he had enough time to enjoy his now favourite song, he decided to press play before first period would start.

jisung had experienced this a few times: loving so much a song he couldn't stop listening to it throughout a few days. finding everything about it exciting; the beat, the melody, the voice or voices and even being able to hear when the singer took a breath in between the different verses. but it would most times end the same way with the blond male getting tired of it or just not enjoying the song the same way as before.

-

"hey, felix. hey, changbin" jisung said smiling since they were the first familiar faces of the day, feeling relieved. he wasn't going to lie, he had a big friend group, but they were all he had. so getting through his classes with none of them was hard.

"hi jisung!" they answered at the same time, greeting him.

the three of them agreed on being hungry so they hurried to get lunch before the cafeteria got too crowded. there, they found jeongin and hyunjin so they sat with them. the silence didn't last long between the five males when changbin excitedly mentioned a song he was recording together with a guy a few years older than him that afternoon.

"have you ever met him? is it safe?" felix asked worried.

changbin laughed it off. "don't worry, lix. he is a friend of my older sister"

jisung became interested and decided he would ask the older about it later since he has recently became interested in music and practiced his rapping regularly. he had never thought of recording music before, but when the black haired mentioned it, he was down for it.

while they were chatting, jisung looked around the cafeteria. he hadn't seen his best friend in the weekend and minho didn't mention he would be absent today.

"have any of you seen minho today?" jisung asked looking at everyone sitting around him.

"me" hyunjin replied. "he mentioned he would be in the library during lunch"

jeongin laughed. "minho? library?"

"that's definitely new of him" jisung giggled. "i'm going to look for him. see you later, guys" he said while standing up and leaving.

"bye!" they said at unison.

luckily for him, the school was big and he had to go up a few staircases to get there. he instantly grabbed his headphones and played daisy for like the third time that day. he hummed the song almost whispering, afraid that someone might be around him. jisung closed the music app before getting into the library and searching for his best friend.

there were few tables that were occupied so it wasn't a hard task. he greeted the librarian and headed to were minho was sitting, almost falling asleep.

"you are not supposed to do that in the library" jisung whispered in his ear.

minho jumped, scared. but when he saw jisung he chilled. "don't scare me like that, honey" he said, smile on his face.

the blond rolled his eyes "whatever. anyways, why are you here?" he asked, curious.

minho laughed. "what? can't i enjoy reading about..." he grabbed the book in front of him "the usa's independence?"

it was a history book. jisung knew minho wasn't a big fan of history and neither was him. "that's terrible. i would be sleeping too" he said disgusted, as if a innocent history book was the worst thing to ever exist.

they both laughed. "i don't want to fail, you know? be a good influence."

jisung rolled his eyes, again. "come on" he got up and grabbed minho's arm, dragging the brunette out of the library. "we are together on our next class, let's get going"

-

nine hundred and thirty words

a/n my cat was giving me kisses while writing this because she wanted attention. or maybe she just hates the keyboard sound.

-moon