fourteen

jisung cleaned the sweat in his palms against his black skinny jeans for the hundredth time. 

he wasn't gonna lie, he felt a bit disappointed when minho told him to meet him at his house. the blond was expecting something bigger when the older asked to hang out with that much anticipation, but maybe it was just because minho was waiting for jisung's cold to get better. 

looking up to the sky which was covered in greyish clouds, the blond walked slower with every step he took; he had left his house early because of his nervousness. 

he sighed and decided to enjoy his walk since he liked cloudy days, it wasn't too hot or too cold nor he didn't feel the sun burning his skin and it wasn't gonna rain either. so for the minutes his walk lasted, jisung felt relaxed. he payed attention to each of his breaths, inhaling slowly and letting the air go out of his mouth seconds later. 

a few steps later, jisung stood under minho's front porch warm light which illuminated the younger's face in that weekend's twilight. hesitating, the blond knocked almost inaudible in his first try, but the following ones resonated in the lee's house. he left out a last sigh when he heard the sound of keys getting closer to him, fixed his position and faked a smile. 

his previous breath exercises had gone to waste as soon as he was welcomed by minho and a warm smile inviting him to come in. with his legs barely functioning, the blond entered the house he had seen every week of his life for more than ten years. 

he headed to the couch stumbling on his own feet and was interrupted by minho that unlike jisung, seemed very calm about everything. "hey" he said to caught the younger's attention "go to my room, i will be there in a second" minho said too fast, but jisung was able to understand him "the box on my bed is for you, sungie"

blushing at the nickname and cleaning his hands once again, jisung headed to the staircase hoping he would not fall. thankful that he arrived upstairs safely, his mind filled with curiosity remembering the box the older mentioned but it grew wider as soon as he heard music playing from his best friend's room. it wasn't a random song, it was his song. he could hear daisy by pentagon playing behind the wooden door which made his hand reach the doorknob almost instantly.  

he stopped for a second to check behind him if minho was coming. with no sign of the older, he turned the doorknob and quickly closed the door behind him with his eyes closed, letting himself enjoy the music. he sighed and felt relieved for the first time since he entered the black haired's house. 

with the song still on, he opened his eyes and took a look at minho's room. he gasped when he saw the older's bed covered in daisies, the mentioned little box in the middle of them.

lots of questions were forming in jisung's mind as he moved closer to the well known bed. even though the inanimate object couldn't hurt jisung, he approached slowly and checked his surroundings, feeling as he was being pranked by the older. he could barely see the black duvet due to the detailedly placed white flowers; there was a perfectly shaped flowerless square in the middle of the older's bed with a little navy blue and gold box in the centre.  

jisung took a minute to admire the view in front of him and proceeded to grab the little box just as the older had told him minutes before. he carefully took off the lace around it and opened it to reveal a silver ring that was shaped like a daisy. the blond couldn't put into words all the sensations he was having at that moment with his favourite song coming to an end, the flower covered bed in front of him with its beautiful scent and the ring he had just placed in his ring finger of his left hand. 

as he was admiring his new gift, the younger felt the door being quietly closed and turned around to find a blushed minho who was getting closer to jisung. the black haired knew there was no turning back the moment he saw the sparkle in his best friend's eyes as he was approaching the younger, pulling all his nervousness aside once jisung gave him a reassuring smile. a smile that made the butterflies start flying around minho's stomach like they did everyday he had spent with jisung the recent months. 

minho grabbed both of jisung's hands and smiled at the younger before the words they both had been waiting came out of his mouth. "you've probably been waiting this for a while, and i'm sorry it took me that long to realize. you know how hard love is for me" jisung just nodded, indicating minho to go on. "if you hadn't been obsessed with that song i would probably be still thinking about what are all the sensations i experience when i'm around you; why i get nervous, why i can't stop smiling or laughing at anything you say or why i blush so much. if you didn't listen to it you wouldn't be obsessed with daisies either, so they would be meaningless for me. but because of you, they're not"

"minho" jisung said holding back tears and smiling.

"wait, i'm not finished. we would listen to that song daily and you were so excited about it, you literally bought so many daisy themed things because of it. you even had them as your wallpaper and i smiled at your phone like an idiot because of that" minho frowned but jisung chuckled "and i would also stumble across so many daisies. just listening to the song, finding the ring on your finger or meeting a lady with a huge garden that let me pluck the flowers that are in my bed right now. they probably were all there before, but now they remind me of you and that's all i care about. i would spend so many nights not sleeping and didn't know why it was, but i do now" he gently put one of his hands in the the younger's cheek "i am in love with you, jisung"

while staring at each other, the blond caressed minho's hand that was on his face and smiled at him wider, if that was possible. unconsciously, jisung stopped holding back his tears as he felt the salty flavour on his lips and hugged the older as if his life depended on it. "i am in love with you too, min"

for a moment both of their hearts were beating faster than they had ever before, like it was coming out of their chests. but as they separated and the older cleaned away the younger's tears with his thumbs, they relaxed.

after so many days, they felt peace. they weren't hiding anything, they weren't afraid of ruining their relationship and they still had each other. in that moment, in each others arms, they felt at home.

"can i?" the older asked leaning forward, looking down at jisung's lips while licking his own. not getting a verbal answer, the blond simply grabbed minho by his neck and kissed him.

it was filled with passion. passion as a feeling capable of dominating their will and disturbing the other emotions that were worrying the boys, such as the intense fear they felt, but not anymore. with that kiss they were able to wash away every negative though that was once on their minds and replace them with the endless love they had for each other. 

when sealing their lips together for the first time, minho tried to put all the words he couldn't speak in his previous speech in such simple action while jisung tried it with the ones he hasn't spoken yet.

the end

-

one thousand, three hundred and forty words