chapter 51

Aubrey

Tears form in my eyes as I see the hope swell in Ian.

"You remember!!" Ian exclaims as he moves to embrace me in a tight hug. 

The tears fall down my face  and Ian pulls back slightly, those silver eyes of concern boring into mine. "Baby, why are you sad?" he asks confusion and worry laced in his tone.

Between sniffles I manage to say "That's all... that's all I remember."

Ian's face falls completely and the hope and happiness that once filled his face is now completely drained. He looks out the window as he says "Well at least it's a start"

"So..so I used to call you B-bear?" I ask timidly, sad that I have disappointed him.

"Yes, angel" he turns to face me a smiles softly.

I wipe the tears off my face and say "I will remember"

He smiles more sensing my confidence and chuckles. "Your stubborn ass, of course you're going to remember"

I smile warmly at him and for a moment get caught in those silver eyes.

"As hard as it is for me to leave, I think you ought to get some rest" he says sadly.

"Thank you for coming to visit Bear- Ian I mean. Thank you Ian!" I stumble awkwardly and my cheeks blushing, hoping he didn't notice the fact I called him Bear. It honestly was just an instinct. Seeing the smile blooming on his face, I can confirm he has definitely heard. Bloody hell.

"Goodnight Angel" Ian says standing up, I watch as he leaves my room and a weird feeling occurs in my chest. I miss him? 

-------------

~1 week later~

I miss him. The memories of us, of me and Ian, lie somewhere deep inside my brain clouded by the accident. He is a mere stranger to me but I miss him. It has been a week since he walked out of my hospital room, a week since I have seen him and I have been thinking of him everyday.

A small part of me is angry and hurt that this guy who I obviously previously had a relationship with, hasn't even bothered to make contact with me in a week? But the larger part of me is worried, Ian doesn't strike me as the kind to not care about me thinking about his behaviour from the hospital.

I've been discharged and home for 5 days now, it feels great to be home. My friends, who I had forgotten, I am now learning about all over again. They visit me most afternoons after school and give me the homework so I can at least catch up for this semester, before I go back next week.

My parents went out for dinner leaving me alone with my thoughts. I was meant to go too, but I decided to stay home because of a nasty headache, that I seem to always have.

I'm lying on the couch watching TV when I hear a knock on the door. I begrudgingly get up and walk to go answer the door. My tired state doesn't even acknowledge the danger of opening the door whilst home alone at 9pm. 

Once the door is open I immediately see a bouquet of beautiful flowers in front of me, I look up to see those silver eyes staring down at me.