chapter 20

GUYSSSS 5K READS????!!?!?!??! WTFFFF!? thank you all so much!!!!!! 

hope you enjoy this chapter 🥺

Aubrey POV

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. God I must still be dreaming I think and rub my nose turning over. But the smell doesn't go away and my stomach grumbles. 

I sit up curious and peel myself out of bed. I decide to go investigate still wearing Ian's hoodie and my hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. 

I trudge down the stairs and follow the aroma into the kitchen. I have to rub my eyes to check my eyes aren't deceiving me when I take in the sight of the kitchen. Ian is stood with his naked back to me cooking what I assume is pancakes at the stove. I hear him muttering under his breath as he tries to flip one of the pancakes.

I see the island bench has two empty plates set up with a glass of orange juice next to both of them and a maple syrup bottle and plate of cut up strawberries and bananas. 

"Oh my god." I gasp. This causes Ian to turn around quickly with the pan in his hand. When he realises the pan is in his hand he looks down at the pan swears under his breath and quickly turns to put it back on the stove and then turns back to face me.

"Good morning angel!" he says giving me an adorable smile which I can't help but reciprocate. "Take a seat" he says motioning to the stools at the island bench.

I walk forward and take a seat and he smiles and turns to flip the last pancake. When he turns around again he has in his hand a plate stacked with pancakes.

""Yum!" I say my mouth watering. "Thank you Ian....You really didn't have to do this"

"I wanted to" he says as he puts the 3 best pancakes on my plate and then puts 4 burnt blackened looking pancakes on his. 

He sits down next to me and I can feel his intense stare as I put strawberries on top and a small dash of maple syrup on the side of the plate.

"Wait!" he says and bolts up from his seat shocking me. He runs over to the fridge and pulls out a bowl, when he uncovers it I gasp. "You made whipped cream?"

"Yeah" he says look down at the cream then at me.

"Wow thank you so much Ian! Give it here!!" I say reaching out my hands to greedily take the cream for myself. He chuckles and hands me the bowl. I get a spoonful and put it on top of my stack. I still feel his stare on me.

I pass him the cream and he puts on a generous amount and then douses it with maple syrup.

As soon as I pick up my knife and fork Ian returns to watching me intently. I put a piece of the pancake on my fork and as I bring it up to my mouth I see Ian following the movement of the fork to my mouth, breathing deeply.

I eat the piece of pancake and immediately a smile comes to my face at the taste. "Ian damn these are so forking good!!" I say moaning at how good it tastes. I see Ian's face morph from one of concern to one of such pride.

"I put chocolate chips in it, most recipes don't have that" he boasts, sitting up taller.

"Mmmm it's very good" I say cutting up more pancake to eat, trying not to laugh at how cute he is being so proud. 

He immediately pulls out his phone and starts texting someone. We eat chatting now and again but all I can do is eat, I am so hungry in the morning. When I have one pancake left I am pretty much full. Ian pulls out his phone and starts grunting. "What's wrong silver?" I ask.

"My friend doesn't believe that you like the pancakes" he says frustrated.

"How about you send a photo of me eating my delicious pancakes" I suggest and a bright smile comes to his face. You wouldn't think that this guy is the intimidating bad boy, he is so much more underneath, a big teddy bear.