chapter 44

Aubrey POV

After my shift yesterday at the bookstore Ian and I went to the police station. I was nervous but Ian remained with me the entire time holding me close to him and constantly assuring me. He took me back home and stayed the night with me and just honestly being the best thing I didn't know I needed.

"Angel" Ian says rubbing my thigh trying to get me to focus on him instead of staring outside the car window. After a day of just hanging out with me he drove me home.

"Mmmhmmm" I say turning around slowly, to see his eyes filled with worry. "I'm fine I-" I start to say but he swiftly undoes my seatbelt and props me on his lap so I am straddling him. He knows when I'm overthinking. He gives me that knowing look that he sees straight through my act of 'I'm fine' because in reality I'm not feeling fine and he sees that clear as day. It's just a culmination of the emotions I haven't let my self experience with missing my parents and I
what happened on Friday. But he also knows I don't like talking much so he hugs me tight to him so my body is completely melded to his. Because he knows that this makes me feel better. I never thought anyone would know me this well, I don't open up easy but freaking Gray cracked me like an egg and he knows how to put me back together.

"Nothing bad will ever happen to you again" he grunts gripping onto me tighter.

"Ia-" I start again but he whines and squeezes me "Bear. Thank you but shit happens" I sigh.

He pulls me away from him and squishes my face between his large palms. "Well no shit will happen to you" he huffs staring intensely into my eyes.

"What you gonna lock me in a tower or something?" I muse.

"Don't tempt me" he groans pulling me back to his chest and putting a hand on the back of my head to meld me closer to him.

Wanting to move from this hug, because as much as I am enjoying it, Ian is beginning to suffocate me.

"Bear"

"Mmm"

"Can I-" I say trying to push off him.

"No" he huffs pushing me straight back down.

"But I want to kiss you" I mock whine.

I stifle a laugh as he immediately pulls me up so our faces are inches apart, and his silver eyes are trained onto my lips

"Well kiss me then" he smiles leaning impossibly closer.

I press a quick kiss to his lips and then lean back.

"What the hell was that?" he groans leaning towards my face again.

"A kiss silly" I smile as he inches closer to my face and I bite my lip trying not to laugh at his angry face.

"I'll show you a kiss angel" he whispers against my lips and then crashes his to mine.

Moments of intense passion pass and suddenly the familiar ring of his phone sounds to interrupt us.

"Fuck" he moans into the kiss as I pull back. We both try to catch our breath as he pulls his phone out of the centre console.

"What" he huffs and I smirk at him. After a series of gruff noises and 'mmm's he ends the call.

He rolls his head forward and rests it on my chest. "I have to go, some fuckwit thinks he can steal from me... again" he whines.

I bring my hands to run them through his hair and say "Well you better deal with that 'fuckwit' huh"

"Don't say fuck" he says tilting his head up, giving me a serious expression.

"Well you better fucking get going." I smile batting my lashes.