chapter 3

Ian POV

Fan-fucking-tastic I have to  work at my beloved father's shop today, loving father by day alcoholic monster behind doors. 

Yet somehow the prospect of having to work at Bob's shop today doesn't seem like as much as a chore, as the angel that I met yesterday, well more like stalked home, seems somewhat drawn to the little bookstore next to 'Bob's Hardware'. Probably won't even see her, maybe I was just imagining things. 

I have been here for about 2 hours, and have taken to just sitting in the corner and reading, anything to ignore the customers and Bob's incessant talking. This facade of his is something everyone is so easily fooled by, hell sometimes even I am. Until it is just us at home. 

A DING to indicate someone has entered disrupts me from my dark thoughts and I return to the book. To hell if Bob thinks I'm actually going to serve his stupid customers. 

I hear a faint plop of something onto the counter before an angelic voice says "Hi are you Bob?". Umm what the fuck. Looking up I see her, holy shit. She is so beautiful up close. This little angel thinks I am a Bob, seriously?

"Do I look like a Bob to you?" I say rather amused at her. 

She looks nervous as she says "Aaaahhhh well you do work in Bob's Hardware so it was just a lucky guess. Sorry. is Bob here at all?".

She is so god damn adorable when she is nervous, wanting to continue to see the faint blush on her cheeks I say "So you just assume that all employees that work here are named Bob?" a small smile coming to my lips, shit I haven't smiled well since yesterday. This girl has made me smile twice in the past two days, twice more than I have in the past 2 years. 

"That would be a good company policy, good branding" she replies, almost as if she was meant to think that and not directly say it. 

Smirking I respond "You are right angel". Oops definitely wasn't meant to say that so soon, especially considering the stunned look on her cute face. Oh well she better get used to it sooner rather than later. 

"So is Bob here at all? I have-" just the mention of his name pisses me off and before she can finish I say "He is out at the moment running some errands, what can I do for you angel?"

"Oh well I have some books for him" she says and I look at her slightly confused and what business she has with my father, and then she adds "I work next store... the books are from next store. Believe he had an order?" she stutters with a small blush again gracing her cheeks. Adorable. Shit when did I ever notice crap like this and shit when did I start calling girls adorable. 

"You can leave them with me angel." I say but then instantly regret as it means she will have to leave and I am not quite ready for her to leave so soon. Looking back at her I can literally see the cogs turning as she decides what to do. She probably doesn't just want to leave the books here, she doesn't know me, that will all change angel. 

"Or you can wait til he comes back? Wouldn't want those books to go missing would we?" I say snapping her out of her trance causing her to jump back slightly and collect the books off the counter. 

As she stands there I find myself staring at her, she is so beautiful and so god damn adorable. I was want to- oh wait what the hell she is walking away. Where is she going?

She walks down towards the other side of the store and craning my neck I see she begins to fiddle with the ropes. Cute. 

"Anything in particular you are looking for there angel" I say teasing her slightly. She looks up at me slightly concerned and then returns to her interest in the rope between her fingers.