chapter 8

Ian POV

It has been absolutely hectic since boss died. The few who opposed my new position as their leader were dealt with accordingly. And the planning for his funeral was just extending the feelings I was feeling, hoping that with his burial my feelings would be buried too I was desperate to hold his funeral. And the funeral happens to be today. 

Being absolutely swamped with work I have been able to push aside the feelings but when everything stops I have to repress the emotions by becoming angry. Constantly I have this feeling to be near her. My angel, as she would calm the storm surging inside of me. I just know she would, as hell it's her fault I'm feeling anything at all. 

When I knew I couldn't go to her because I have to work and give her space so I don't come across as a creep, it just made me more angry. The amount of shit I have destroyed if I wasn't now rich I would be worried. It seems the only thing left undamaged in my room is her copy of Jane Eyre. Which I have read possibly three times now just to feel closer to her. God I sound so fucking pathetic. 

Walking out of my room dressed in the suit for the funeral later today I say to one of my guards "Clean" whilst motioning to my room. He nods and then scurries off. 

I'm not particularly in the mood for pleasantries. Hell I never have been, they are pointless. But I am especially not in the mood today, as not only is there the funeral but I have decided to check up on my good for nothing father- Bob. 

Bob, that son of a bitch. I don't know why, usually I give zero shits about that motherfucker but I just feel like I need to check up on him. Especially since I have stopped bothering to show up at my shifts and going 'home'. 

I make my way to the small little run down house and park my bike in the front yard. I trudge up the steps and before knocking on the door I take a deep breath. Why the fuck am I nervous? I am a fucking gangleader now. Jesus christ what is my life? And why the hell am I bothering to knock?

Lowering my fist I enter the house. Walking in the familiar god-awful stench weasels its way into my nose and I have to step over broken glass and squint to see down the dark hallway. 

"Bob" I yell down the hallway making my way into the living room. Not getting any response I am about to call him again before I hear loud snores coming from the couch. 

I walk closer to see the sight. I look away horrified at how he has treated himself. I shudder at the thought that I was heading down this path if it wasn't for Xavier. But I fear I am stepping down a possibly darker one instead. 

His snores fill the room. At least that bugger is alive, don't need to deal with another dead body, that shit is unnecessarily difficult. I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and place it on the table in front of him as well as some painkillers. Deciding to mess with this fucker I go into his alcohol cabinet and I empty every bottle of liquor he owns before then filling the bottles back up with water.

Before I leave I then look back at the mess on the couch. Sighing I leave the room and walk into the front yard. Walking out of the house I see a gorgeous girl staring at my bike. It is my angel! 

She is stood on the sidewalk stopped completely, mouth agape looking at my bike and then her eyes lock with mine and she jumps slightly. Yet she doesn't take her eyes away and instead continues staring checking me out. God just seeing her all my anger at Bob and repressed feelings just feel lulled by her presence. 

"Like what you see huh angel" I shout so she can hear me, and knocking her out of her trance. I walk quickly over to her, scared that she will disappear and desperate to see her again.