chapter 5

Aubery POV

Today is my day off and I don't know what to do with myself. I slept in til about 11am and finally peeled myself out of bed to go downstairs and haphazardly prepare breakfast. 

The day passed relatively slowly, I managed to watch Netflix curled onto the couch and just have a pretty relaxing day. 

"Why don't you go for a walk Aubs, you've been cooped up all day!" my mum asked walking into the lounge room after seeing my curled form wrapped like a burrito in our furry blanket. Pretty sure I haven't moved in like 2 hours. 

Obviously I didn't respond fast enough because mum came around turned off the TV and made piercing eye contact with me "Up you get lazy bum, go on a walk."

"Ugh fine" I say without moving, savouring the last of the warmth the blanket provides.

"Oh actually I need some stuff for dinner tonight, would you mind going to pick it up from the shops?" she asks, well more like demands, not like I really have choice. I hum in response and after a few minutes she brings me a list.

Slowly unravelling myself I grab the list and make my way upstairs to get changed.

~10 minutes later~

"Ok bye mum, bye dad! I'll be back soon" I shout whilst walking out the door. 

Putting in my headphones I make my way to the shops. 

I grabbed the stuff mum needed and then was on my way back, when I started becoming concerned at the black car that had coincidentally been everywhere I was. Weird and uncomfy. There was this weird feeling in my gut, that made me feel- nope it's probably nothing. 

As I walk past Bob's Hardware store the paper bag breaks and all of mum's stuff drops onto the ground. Great! Just freaking fabulous. Clambering on the floor to pick up all groceries the setting sun is suddenly blocked. Weird. Looking up I see a towering figure looking down at me. Squinting I see it is silver eyes. Oh fabulous. Absolutely great, of course he is here. 

Please just walk away. Please just walk away.

"Geez you're a real clutz" Ian says not making any move to help me pick anything up. 

"Huh well, stupid bloody paper bag that the bloody lady overpacked-" I reply rambling and cutting myself off before I can keep talking and just embarrassing myself more. 

Ian smirks and then walks into his shop. Huh ok bye then Ian. Scooping up the last of the stuff and having balanced it precariously in my arms I begin walking home. This is gonna be a long walk, it's usually 20 minutes but having to walk this slow it might be a lot longer. 

Bracing myself for the journey ahead I am suddenly stopped by a large pair of hands on my shoulders that slowly turn me around. And the sight of the silver eyes immediately calms me, thank god it isn't some kidnapper. I mean no one would kidnap you in broad day light. Yet still his eyes look somewhat angry? Why tf is he angry? Who knows. 

 Ian cutting me from my thoughts wordlessly begins taking the groceries from the precarious tower in my arms and putting them into a bag. 

"Oh umm thank you Ia-" scared that I had remembered his name wrong, since I had been mentally referring to him as silver, I cut myself off to avoid a potentially awkward situation. 

Ian grunts in reply and continues to take the last of the groceries. Expecting him to then hand me the new bag, which is a plastic re-useable one (not the kind to break),  I hold out my hand. Yet to my visible surprise he puts his hand in my hand and continues holding onto the bag.