chapter 37

Ian POV

Seeing my angel at the diner with that douchebag Spencer just made my blood boil. I have had someone watching Aubrey ever since I first saw her and even more so when my new status got given to me. She is my fucking world and I would die before anything happened to her, so of course when I couldn't be with her someone was always watching and protecting her, at least most the time, so that is how I knew she was at the diner with Spencer. 

Watching Aubrey get assertive with me was both insanely frustrating and insanely attractive. Who knew she could become even more irresistible? The way she stands her ground annoys the more dominant side of me but also excites me. She keeps me on my toes and makes me feel alive. I fucking know she is perfect for me. 

Yet she insists on this time apart and apparently I am meant to reflect on my behaviour or some shit. All I know is as long as the opposite sex, and apparently same sex, is attracted to Aubrey I will be that overprotective asshole. Because I know they can easily see what an amazing person she is and call me a selfish asshole but I want her all to myself, romantically. God of course she can have friends, but only platonic. I do trust her but I literally trust no one else. I will try to tone down my jealously but she has to be fucking kidding me hanging out with Spencer when it is so obvious that he has a crush on her! Fucking astronauts on the space station can see Spencer likes Aubrey. I guess it did take a while for her to take the hint I liked her though.

I'm really hoping things resume like normal after Friday because I don't know what I'll do if she dumps me. Oh yeah, I don't think I'll let her. 

Aubrey POV

After one of Ian's drivers took me home the rest of the weekend flowed pretty smoothly. I visited Spencer that night and apologised profusely. He said it was ok and if we could just forget the whole thing and with that we spent the rest of the weekend watching movies and studying to Spencer's dismay.  I forced him to go to the library with me on Sunday where Rachel was able to join us. Jay and Dan both couldn't come, Spencer and Rachel thought nothing of it but the little part of me that loves to jump to conclusions was hoping they were spending time together. 

The week at school passed relatively smoothly as well. Ian pretty much was no show for most of the week where he only graced us with his presence on Tuesday so far and I am yet to see if he will come in today which happens to be Thursday the day before Ian and I's break is over. 

When he was at school he sat at the back of the classroom in the classes we shared and I could feel his intense gaze. In the halls he would offer me faded smile like our time apart had dimmed something in him. I must admit I really did miss him and us and something in me felt dimmed too. It made me really start to think if he can get over being this jealous asshole then maybe we can make things work. 

I dress for school in my favourite ugly jumper that I stole from my Grandpa, and as I am putting on my shoes I hear the doorbell.

Aubrey's outfit

I grab my bag and get down the stairs to answer the door to my ride to school.

"Hey Spence" I smile.

"Hey princess" he smiles back, he still sports a massive bruise on the side of his face but it has managed to go down quite significantly. He then looks down to notice my outfit and his face twists into a look of disgust "Fuck! What the hell is that monstrosity" he says laughing slightly and motioning to my jumper.

"What!" I say looking down at my jumper with confusion.

"Princess that is the ugliest jumper I have ever seen!" he says laughing, putting his hand over his mouth in shock.

"Shut up! I love this jumper!" I whine and push him out of the way making my way to his car and I can hear him laughing from behind me. 

--later that day--

"Jesus christ Aubs, where the hell did you get this thing from?" Jay gasps as he approaches me at my locker.

I turn to look at him with a blank expression, wow if I had known the jumper would be such a hit I wouldn't have worn it. "I like it ok!" I sigh and close my locker.

"I think it's cute" Dan smiles, I give him a smile back but then notice Jay who is looking down at Dan watching him and giving an adorable love sick smile that Dan doesn't notice.

"Oh my god Spencer told me about the sweater, I didn't think it was going to be this bad" I heard Rachel's familiar voice from behind me sound concerned. I turn to see Spencer and Rachel approaching us at my locker and Spencer holding in a laugh.

"Hah hah. Y'all are so mean, I like it so... yeah I'm wearing it" I roll my eyes.

"It's not that bad guys. You just don't understand fashion." Dan insists crossing his arms against his chest, causing everyone to look and laugh at him.

"Ok ok, we get it." I start to giggle myself and wave my hands to stop them.

"You seriously need to burn that" Jay says moving his hand to pick at my jumper and looking at it like it is some alien that will spurt goo at him. I swat at his hand and he looks at me shocked.

"Righto, I'm going to English now" I say leaving them behind. 

I sit down at my normal desk and Riley soon joins me as the teacher begins the lesson.

"Nice sweater Carter" she smirks.

I don't initially recognise the sarcastic tone and respond "Thank you!" once it registers she was being sarcastic I say "Wait-"

"No it's actually cute on you" she smiles, but then almost as if she caught herself doing something forbidden she plasters a blank expression on her face and focuses her attention to the teacher. 

After English I am making my way to the cafeteria when I hear Ian's voice. I turn the corner and see him holding Spencer by the collar up against some lockers.

"Oh you have to be bloody kidding me!" I groan grabbing both of their attentions. Ian drops Spencer like a hot pan and starts walking towards me after giving Spencer an intimidating stare.

"To think I was going to give you another chance!" I sigh, disappointed that Ian has stuffed up.

"No angel please I can explain-" he says with a worried expression plaguing his face.

"Explain the fact you again had my best friend pinned up against some lockers, specifically after we discussed this whole jealously thing?!" I exclaim.

"Angel please... this was between him and I. He was fucking provoking me!" Ian says his jaw tensed and eyes pleading.

"So you decided to be the bigger man and take the bloody bait? Your anger I don't-"

"No angel... Please baby, this wasn't about me being jealous. He was saying some stupid shit and I wasn't just going to take it!" he argues back.

I hesitate before I respond and those pleading silver pools spark some feeling of mercy in me. "DAMMIT! Fine! I just UGH" I say, walking away towards the cafeteria not knowing what to say and feeling rather overwhelmed.

"Angel where are you going?" he says his voice sounding pained.

"I still have until tomorrow right?" I say turning my head back slightly to face him while I walk away.

I see him clench his fists and give a brief nod, so I turn my head and walk away. A few seconds later I hear a loud thud, I am almost certain that was the sound of Ian's fist against some unlucky bastard's locker. 

----------------------------------

yayyy double update!!!

hope you enjoyed, if you did please don't forget to vote!