7. Villains Take What They Want

"Mom?" You said tearfully.

"Y/n? Why aren't you at school?" Your mother croaked.

"Mom, how are you feeling?"

"Terrible." She tried to sit up weakly and you quickly got up to assist her.

"Do you remember anything?" You gulped. "About the accident?"

"Not much." She looked around. "How long was I out? It's already the afternoon?"

"Mom, you were out for a long time."

"How long? A day? A week?"

"Longer."

Worry grew on her now lined face.

"It's been five years. You've been in a coma."

"No, it can't be!" Her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Do.. Do you remember the accident?"

The once confident and powerful pro hero struggled internally to remember. You however, remembered it clear as day. Five years ago on a windy autumn afternoon you walked home from school. The orange and yellow leaves blew all over the sidewalk and tried to tangle in your hair. The noise of people shouting and cheering came to your attention. You recognized some of them shouting your mother's hero name. Bursts of lavender lightning shot out from the top of a building, it was your mom. You stopped in your tracks to watch the fight. Flashes of your mother's signature purple lighting shot out in violent bolts. You caught glimpses of your mother from the tall building but whoever she was fighting kept out of sight. You decided it was best to head home and start your homework. As you walked away you heard a scream and then yelling, you whipped around to see your mother's unconscious body being flung off the side of the building. She seemed to fall so slowly before hitting the ground.

"Y/n," your mother's voice brought you back to reality. "I... I can't remember much. It's all a blur right now. I'm sorry."

"No, no, mom it's okay." You tucked your mother's beautiful lilac hair out of her face. "I'm just glad you're okay." You gave her a firm hug. Tears threatened to brim in your eyes but you willed yourself to stay calm. You had to, for your mom's sake.

———

Day slipped into night as you cared for your mom. Nurses and doctors came and went. Your mother asked a few questions about your life now. You spared her many of the details, you knew she would be disappointed that you never made anything of yourself. But what did it matter, you were a quirkless nobody.

You stayed with your mom until she fell asleep. Only then did you let yourself release any emotion that had been building up. A few tears leaked out of your eyes. You breathed steadily to calm yourself. Feeling your back pocket for your phone you felt nothing. It had been hours but you had completely forgotten it until now.

You got up, preparing to leave. Your mom rolled over in her sleep and you adjusted the blankets for her.

"Goodnight, mom." You closed the door quietly behind you and headed back to your apartment.

——

It was past midnight when the door to your apartment door finally opened. Tomura spun around to see your exhausted form locking the door behind you. A wave of relief washed over him.

"Y/n!" He stood up quickly. You muffled a scream and stepped back quickly because of the unexpected man in your apartment.

"Tomura?" You hesitated. "What are you doing here?"

He noticed your hands shaking. There was nothing he loathed more than seeing you afraid of him.

"I... did something happen?" He stepped closer, cautiously.

"Um. I..." your voice trembled. You ran up to him and wrapped your arms around his torso. Hot tears were already streaming down your face. Burying your face in the crook of his neck you let out a choked sob. He gasped at your touch, his arms lay slack at his sides. You barely noticed the pounding of his heart but he thought it was about to burst. His hands twitched, wanting to wrap you up in his embrace. He held still and clenched his fists, willing the feeling to stop. Your sobs quieted after a moment. You pulled away, eyes red from crying. There were no words he could say that could tell how much it pained him. He wanted to hold you, now that you weren't touching him he wanted it even more.

"I know you don't like to be touched." You sniffled. You tried to wipe away the dampness of your eyes but to no avail.

Tomura couldn't bare it anymore, the craving for your touch was too much. He wanted to feel you against him and trap you there until that hunger was satisfied.

I'm a villain, aren't villains supposed to take what they want?

"I'm sorry, I just.." before you could finish he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close. He balled his hands into fists so there was no way you could be hurt. Your arms slipped around his neck.

"Tomura?"

He held on tighter like you would suddenly slip out of his grasp.

"I... was.. worried." The words were barely a breath on your ear. You felt him bury his face in the crook of your neck and he let out a breath of relief that tickled your skin. There was no mistaking the beating of his heart this time.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Double update this week cause why not. Its a short one but I hope you enjoy it. In other news, I will be coming out with a My Hero Academia one shot book along with my amazing editor with this book KetchupTheDog16

I'll be posting the stories on my account but the stories will be written by both of us. Please check it out!