34. You're Probably a Wanted Criminal Now

It was not turning out to be a very good day. The dark formless abyss soon morphed into a shoot. Like a deadly slide inside the Shie Hassaiki funhouse. Your arm hurt, your head hurt, and especially your butt hurt. Cement was not kind on the ass. You hoped that your pants would at least stay intact during this painful slip in slide experience. Lights up ahead warned you that your descent into hell was about to come to a horrible stop. The tunnel opened up and you slid out into a large room, probably what was once one of the training rooms, and plowed right into a thug wearing the required uniform beak mask.

"FUCK that HURT!" You yelled, checking to see if the seat of your pants were still there. Miraculously, they were.

"Hey your that-" CRASH

Tentacles came out of nowhere on your right and smashed the beak wearing dude into the cement wall. To your horror, the tentacles were coming from a teenager across the room. Squid or octopus tentacles, you didn't know which, were sprouting from his hands. The boy was dressed in hero garb, a white cape flowed behind him and a purple visor protected his eyes. He seemed about two or three years younger than you. Still a high schooler, yet he was holding his own against three Hassaikai. However, blood was clearly visible on his face and clothing, and it didn't seem like it was from his opponents.

"You gonna join in or what, kid?" A big beefy Hassaikai member with crystals growing from his body grumbled at you.

"Wait, you're with them?" The teenage boy timidly asked.

"Not like she'd be of much use." The one who had gotten thrown against the wall groaned. Setsuno, that's what he was called, you knew you had seen him before in the compound but the big dude and the other one with the creepy mouth were a mystery. He got back to his feet and kicked your leg. "She's just for Overhaul's experiments, we better drag her back to the boss once we finish this freaky octopus kid off."

Setsuno used his quirk on the boy, snatching the tentacles away from him, they curled up in the villain's hand. Their attention was back on the bigger threat. To hell with this. Two stray chunks of cement were soon gripped in your sweaty and scraped hands.

THWACK

The chunk hit squarely on Setsuno's head. He yelled in pain and turned to face you. Maybe this hadn't been a good idea. You launched the other rock at him before he could use his quirk. He dodged, ducked, and ran in your direction. The long sword he carried slashed down, nearly missing your head as you rolled out of the way. Hari's train was certainly coming in handy now.

The teenage hero fought the other two villains on the other side of the room. You had to get over to him, maybe with his help you could get out of this shitty situation. Metal sliced into your arm before you could completely dodge the sword. An opening appeared. Something from the book you had read clicked in your mind as you dodged to the left and swiped your hand up to the man's neck. Your hand collided with his neck and he dropped to the ground.

"Hey, can I borrow this?" You snatched up the katana he had been wielding.

It felt good in your hand, like an extension of your arm. For good measure you nailed the hilt of the blade into the man's head. Hopefully that would keep him out for a while.

Noise from the other side of the big room caught your attention. You whipped around to see the teenager pushed up against the wall by the big dude with the crystals.

"She took out Senutso? Go get her." The beefy guy yelled at the creepy mouth one. Instantly he turned and fixed his unnaturally large eyes on you.

"Shit shit shit." You held up the sword shakily.