41. With Friends

"Natsuo?"

"It's.. it's you..." His eyes welled up with tears. Quickly he rushed forward and wrapped you up in a tight hug, knocking the air right out of you. "You're okay.."

He said it was more like a statement than a question.

"Yeah, I'm fine now."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"You sure???"

"Natsuo you're suffocating me!"

"Oh... sorry." He quickly released you.

It had been three days since you had begun your stay at UA high school. Aizawa and the others didn't seem to quite know what to do with you. It was too risky for you to be out on your own considering your connection to the League of Villains. The teachers had agreed that you could go out to see your friend again as long as you were protected.

Natsuo had met you outside the gates of UA on a chilly evening. You had been surprised to see a girl with white hair marked with red streaks in it, accompanying your friend. You had never met Fuyumi but she crushed you in a hug right after Natsuo had released you.

"IT'S SO NICE TO MEET YOU Y/N! I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE SAFE AND SOUND." Fuyumi enthusiastically yelled in your ear, drawing an awkward smile to your face.

"Yea it's nice to meet you too....so do you wanna go to the café across the street for some food?"

"Y/N...." You gulped as you turned to face the ever watching Aizawa. "It's too dangerous." He gruffly shut down your attempt to act normal with your friend and his sister.

Shoto stepped forward with his fist held up in determination, "Sir, I promise you she will be perfectly safe with us. And if anything goes wrong, we are across the street from assistance."

Natsuo joined his brother's side with the same look, "What he said sir, I will protect her with my life. She's not going anywhere."

Aizawa let out a long sigh, he had a hard time dealing with his students, it seems young adults and teens have a lot in common. Annoying persistence.

"Fine. But I'll be patrolling the area. If I see anything suspicious, your time is up."

You smiled and nodded before the four of you trekked across the small street to eat.

______

As soon as you sat down, you immediately were assaulted with questions. It seems everyone wants to know the details of your personal life the past few months.

"So, your arm...what happened? Did your boyfriend do it?" Natsuo awkwardly questioned.

Both you and Fuyumi's eyes shot up at him in surprise. "Natsuo, that's an inappropriate question to ask and you know it, poor Y/N."

"Also wouldn't it be an ex? I mean I assume anyone that does that to you wouldn't be allowed in your life anymore." Shoto chimed in.

Fuyumi went to chide her siblings again before you interrupted, "I'm gonna use the bathroom, I'll be right back."

You shoved your chair back quickly as you retreated to the back portion of the restaurant.

______

"Is Tomura my ex? Were we even truly a couple? I mean how long does it take for a relationship to be serious? And would our relationship even count?" You stared into the mirror for a solid 3 minutes as your mind ran circles around Shoto's innocent comment. You shook your head slightly before turning on the sink to wash your hands and head back out.

You plunged your hands into the warm water when the bathroom door flew open and slammed against the wall behind you. BANG!

"Boo."

Dabi was leaning in the doorway wearing his signature smirk. You stared back at him with a blank expression.

"You gonna say something or what?" He prodded.

"I think you got the wrong bathroom, animals have to piss outside." You went back to washing your hands.

"Damn, that was cold." Dabi sidled over and threw his arm over your shoulder. "How about we get out of here, and do something fun for a change."

"Not now Dabi." You went to dry your hands and he shuffled along with you, clinging onto your shoulders.

"Aw come onnnnn." He hugged onto you and set his chin on the top of your head. "We haven't hung out in so longgg."

"Can you stop doing that?" You shoved him away and elbowed him in the stomach. "You're way too clingy. No means no, when are you gonna get that in your head."

He stumbled back like you had struck him a fatal blow to the heart. "I got it, I got it. Calm down babe."

You rolled your eyes. "What's with calling me babe?"

"What's the big deal!" He pouted. "Aren't I your secondary love interest?"

"Not even close, your number four at best." You surveyed him and his cocky stance, leaning against the wall like he owned the place. "Scratch that, your number six."

"OUCH, that hurts." He clutched his chest, trying to hide the hurt he felt behind a mask of drama. "Whose number two then?"

"What?"

"I said, whose big number two?" He leaned down and looked you dead in the eyes. "Who took my rightful spot huh? Was it that Chrono dude from our good ole friends at the yakuza? I heard you spent quite a lot of time with him."

"Shut up Dabi!" To your dismay, your cheeks heated up uncomfortably. "There is no number 2, so just leave it alone."

Dabi just widened his annoying grin, pissing you off even more. "So there IS a spot open for me?"

"No, now go away."

"Make me."

You grabbed him by the shoulders, spun him around, and shoved him back into the bathroom stall from whence he came. After leaving him in there, you brushed your hands off and made your way to the exit.

"My friend is here and it's been a hell of a long time since I've seen him, no thanks to you people. So I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd leave me alone."

Dabi poked his head out of the door and called after you in a whiny voice. "But I wanna hang outtttt, when can we hang out?"

"Just give me at least a week alone, Dabi, I really need it." And with that, you left the bathroom and headed back to your table.

"Fine..." Dabi huffed.

The villain pulled up the hood of his jacket to cover his face and slipped out of the room unnoticed. He spotted you over in a corner booth, surrounded by his siblings. Natsuo was chatting with you good naturedly. Fuyumi was panicking over shoto who was trying to heat a soda that he had turned to ice with his quirk.

Maybe if life hadn't turned out this way, Touya himself would have been there sitting next to you and his siblings. You looked better than you had in weeks, and part of him was glad you were out of Shigaraki's hands for a while. Even if he couldn't see you, it was better that you were happy and healthy.

Touya shuffled out a back door and into the bustling streets. Maybe next time he'd get you to come with him someplace. But for now, seeing you for a short while was enough.