38. A Crack in the Glass

Days had passed sluggishly. Despite Tomura's urgency to talk to you about what had happened during your imprisonment, you had managed to push off talking about it so far. Either by staying around the others in the group or pretending you were too tired to talk.

Homesickness had set in, it wasn't like the homesickness you experienced while Chisaki had you locked up. Before you had been yearning for the safety Tomura could give you. But now it was different. You wanted to go home, but was there even a home for you to go back to?

The leaves were slowly starting to turn a thousand different shades of red, orange, and yellow. The abandoned house you were staying in was in the outskirts of the city and surrounded by trees. It was rather nice but your heart had started to yearn for your own place. Going to work every morning in the crisp autumn air sounded absolutely refreshing at this point. That is compared to sitting with the League and listening to them discuss their plans for the future.

To avoid the meeting that was going on you sat in the grass outside the ramshackled building while a light breeze blew. You stabbed the dirt over and over again with the Katana you had stolen from the Hassaikai member. It probably wasn't good for the blade you thought so you stopped and began cleaning the dirt off of it with a rag you had found. Uneasiness settled in your heart as you heard them arguing about their next move. You caught random clips of dialogue while they talked. Toga could be heard squealing about how much she wanted to cut that boy Izuku that she seemed to have a crush on. Spinner spoke up whenever he thought Stain the hero killer, would disagree with something. Twice arguing with himself once again. Usually Compress would butt in to calm things down with his broad vocabulary.

"Are we going to talk or what? You've been avoiding me." Tomura scowled.

You picked at the grass around your feet, unsure of how to respond. Even though you didn't want to, perhaps it would be best to just get it over with.

"So let's talk then."

"How are your injuries?" He asked stiffly.

"Getting better, they were mostly just bruises anyway."

He nodded and stared at you like he was waiting for you to move onto something else. After a moment he sat down next to you and leaned against a tree. You finished cleaning your blade and sheathed it, only to run your fingers over the groves and details of the handle again and again. Something about the repetition eased your mind.

"You weren't in as bad of a condition as I thought you would be." He let the comment sit in the air.

"I suppose that's good, what did you expect?"

"I assumed Chisaki would have tortured you to get under my skin."

"Well, he didn't, lucky me." You said dryly. His eyes were drilling into you, but you refused to look back at him.

"Any particular reason why?"

"Yeah." You fiddled with the blade, tracing the scratches along the sheath. You could hear his fingernails rasping against his flaky skin. The noise was unbearable.

"Well?" It was obvious from his sharp tone that he was becoming irritated. "I don't like when you're hiding stuff from me."

"When have I ever..." You turned and glared at him. His red eyes narrowed, sending a shiver down your spine. "Fine, if you want to know so badly I'll tell you."

And you did, you explained Chisaki's offer and how you had accepted for self preservation. You told him what your daily routine had been, constantly training and going through Chisaki's experiments. Tomura listened all the while, staring at you with a furrowed brow and telling you to go on whenever there was a pause. The only thing you left out were the few private conversations you had with Hari. For some reason they felt too personal, plus the idea of you being close to another man would have sent Tomura into a rage.

"Is that it then?" His voice rasped as you reached the end of your story.

"That's it." You nodded, looking at the dirt by your feet.

Tomura sighed and scratched his neck. "Did you assume I'd be mad at you or something?"

"I assumed you'd think I betrayed you or something."

"You did what you had to in order to survive. Don't worry about it. Besides, it's over now." He leaned over and grabbed your chin so you had to look at him. "It's my fault you were captured, I'll never stop regretting that. But you're here now, you're safe and I won't let anyone touch you again."

He kissed you, even though you didn't really want it. You just wanted to be alone for now and have some peace. Tomura didn't seem to pick up on this, he wasn't exactly in tune with emotions.

"We're leaving tonight, so get your stuff packed up." He said before giving you another kiss and walking back to the house.

_____

The night sky and colorful street lights outside zipped by. Spinner drove the van and Dabi was in shotgun. You and Tomura sat together in the middle while Toga, Twice and Compress were in the back seats. There were so few of the league now. The absence of Kurogiri weighed on you greatly. Like the only real sturdy pillar of the group was gone. Even though you had friends and Tomura here, it didn't feel right. You were growing homesick. But could you really go home? You stared out the window, barely even noticing when Tomura put his hand over yours. 

"What are you thinking about?" Tomura asked.

"Nothing... just zoned out I guess."

You fiddled with the hilt of your sword. It was strange you felt the need to keep it. Perhaps as a reminder? The book Hari has given you was shoved snugly in your pocket. They were the only two things you actually owned now.

"Since you're with us now, I'll tell you my plans for the future when we get to the next hideout."

"With you?" You mimicked questioningly.

"Yes, you're one of us now." Tomura said firmly. "One of the League of Villains."

Your heart dropped. This didn't feel right. You didn't agree with a lot of the Heroes but you weren't a villain. Were you?

Even if you wanted to be one, that was your choice to make. Tomura just assigning you to their team felt controlling... A trait you hated in your mother was now a bright red flag flying above Tomuras white mop of hair.

"I can't wait to have you by my side, while society burns around us." Tomura grinned, his cracked lips straining.

For what felt like the first time, you saw him for who he was. And seeing that made your heart sink even lower. Your jaded view of him was starting to crack, slowly revealing the reality behind it. Tomura was a murderer, he was evil, he was a villain. No matter what you felt for each other, nothing was going to change that. And he wasn't going to change for you.

Your thoughts flashed back to your time in the hospital. When Tomura had almost killed Natsuo for simply being your friend. You felt like your mind was going to explode with the sudden assault of realizations you were having. It didn't help that you were currently sitting in a confined space with the person causing your brain to go into overload.

"Can we stop somewhere for a minute?" You suddenly asked Spinner.

He gave you a sideways glance but nodded. "Sure, y/n."

After about ten minutes, he pulled the van into a parking spot. The car stopped and you hopped out, not looking back to see if anyone followed you. Feeling the outside air didn't help as much as you hoped. You walked inside the convenience store and picked out a couple snacks. Your throat felt dry so you went over to the refrigerators to find a drink.

"Y/n..."

You knew that voice.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I made a discord server for all you fine people. A lot of you were having full on conversations in the comments so I thought it would be a good idea. I'll be posting random updates and maybe some oneshots on there at some point. Plus just a place for you peeps to chill and chat about Tomura or anything else you want.

Link: https://discord.gg/kXUeAYVr2u

The link will also be on my bio.