9. A New, But Familiar Acquaintance

*Ding*

Your phone went off. You checked your phone and the screen lit up to reveal a text.

A text from: Grilled Cheese Master

"Where did you and crusty sneak off to?"

Your mom was in deep conversation with the white haired woman so you unlocked your phone to type a response.

"At the hospital, had to visit my mom." You replied.

"Lame, where is Shiggy? He won't respond to my messages." Dabi replied almost immediately.

"In the waiting room, he decided to walk me here. Why isn't he responding?? He always responds so quickly???"

"hA!!! he only responds to YOU quickly!!"

"WhaT? wHy?"

"Cause u r cute........"

You hiccuped from surprise at his reply. Luckily only Natsuo noticed, he gave you a quizzical look. You smiled awkwardly.

"Anyway, me and Toga want to do a Matrix marathon. You in or not?" Dabi texted.

"Not tonight."

"Party pooper."

"Shhh some people gotta sleep!"

"How about tomorrow?"

"Sure, sounds good."

"It's a date!"

"Whattttt!"

He sent a winking emoji, and disappeared from the chat without another word. What had you gotten yourself into.

Natsuo waved to you slightly to get your attention. You made eye contact with him and he pointed at the door with a questioning look. You nodded and he got up and you followed him into the hall.

"Wanna grab a drink?" He asked. "And by drink, I mean a soda from the vending machine." He said to answer your startled look.

"Oh um, sure!" You walked after him down the hall. You hoped that you wouldn't run into Tomura on this excursion.

"So, Y/n, what do you do?" He asked with a smile.

"In general or as a job or what?"

"Job?"

"I'm a bartender right now."

"That's pretty awesome!"

"I guess. What do you do?" You got to the soda machine in the waiting area and stopped. An all too familiar figure sat on the couch on the far wall.

"I'm a college student! It's my last year!" Natsuo said cheerfully.

"That's cool! Are you glad you're graduating soon?" You glanced over at Tomura who was staring daggers at the tall boy beside you.

"I'm looking forward to it, I'm ready to move on." Natsuo was completely unaware of the hooded figure that was plotting his murder behind him.

"What do you want? It's on me?" Natsuo asked.

"Oh no it's okay, I'll get mine." You said awkwardly.

"No no, I insist." He smiled again. There it was again, that familiarity. After you both got your drinks you headed back down the hall, leaving a seething Shigaraki behind you.

The more you looked at the boy the more familiar he became. Maybe it was his spiky hair or the way he smiled. You couldn't figure it out.

"Natsuo?" You piped up.