29. Your Disappearance

"Tomura, what did he mean?" Toga asked warily.

"For the last time I don't know." Tomura snapped.

"Overhaul said he has some sort of bargaining chip. What does he have?"

"Magne is dead and Compress is injured, we have more important things to worry about right now." Tomura tried to focus his thoughts on the problems at hand rather than the nagging suspicion growing in the back of his mind. Despite how the situation had turned out it would probably be better to align the League with the Shie Hassaikai, at least for the time being. Tomura's rough fingernails rasped against his neck creating a detestable noise, however the rhythmic motion helped to focus his convoluted thoughts. Yes, he would speak with that beak wearing bastard soon, very soon. In the meantime...

"We're splitting up for the time being." Tomura spoke authoritatively to his ragtag group of villains. "Lay low and wait for me to contact you."

All of them nodded silently. They filed out of the now destroyed warehouse. Soon only two remained.

"Do you think he will try and take her? " Dabi asked tiredly. "If so one of us needs to go and protect her. Who knows what that creep would do to her."

"How could he even know about y/n?" Tomura said, trying to convince himself of the lie he had been repeating in his mind.

"You haven't been exactly careful lately. You could have been followed." Dabi ran his scarred hands through his dyed black hair as he walked to stand next to the shorter man.

"I know what I'm doing." Tomura snapped.

"You coulda fooled me." Dabi smirked.

"Shut up." Tomura scoffed. He detached the hand from his face and looked down at the gray palm. It slid to the dusty ground with a thud. "They probably already took her."

"If they did, we need to go after them!" Dabi seethed. Flames dancing in his eyes at the very thought. "But first someone needs to go to her place and see if she's actually there or not. If she's gone though... I'll kill every single one of them."

"No."

"What? Are you an idiot?" Dabi's eyes shot to Tomura's defeated form.

"I'm working on a plan, dumbass. I don't want them to hurt her." Tomura scratched harder and harder till blood stained his fingernails. "I'll send Kurogiri, that would be the fastest. But I doubt she's still there. That asshole's speech made it pretty obvious."

"I've said this before but I'll say it again." Dabi made his way to the exit, leaving Tomura in the center of the empty, bloodstained warehouse. "You don't deserve her."

"And you do? Is that what you're trying to say?" Tomura's gaze snapped angrily to the scarred man.

"No, I never said that." Dabi walked backwards for a moment before sticking his hands in his pockets and spinning around. "She just deserves better."

Tomura Shigaraki slumped to the dirt floor. A picture of you greeting him after this long, shitty day entered his mind. You'd open the door and flash that cute smile of yours. The smile that made him all flustered inside whenever he saw it. You'd hug him, maybe even kiss him. And he could fall asleep in your arms and forget the pain and chaos of the outside world, even if it was just for a moment.

Tomura had never known what love was. Romance had always befuddled him. But now he was starting to understand. Maybe he did know what love was.

He picked up the fallen hand of his father and placed it back over his face. No matter what, he'd get you back. Maybe someday he'd finally be able to keep you safe and away from danger. Tomura already knew the truth though. Deep down he knew but all the same he didn't want to admit it. He didn't want it to be true but that couldn't stop what was to come.