43. Maybe the Last Time

One unfortunate sunny morning, you found yourself browsing for snacks at a small corner mart. Blinking away the sleepiness out of your eyes you focused on the gathering of food. However your errand was soon to be interrupted.

A vigorous poking from behind startled you.

"Y/n, y/n!"

You turned around and faced a random school girl with deep blue hair  you had never seen before. But vampiric fangs could be seen in her wide grin, you knew right away who it was.

"Toga?"

"Hehe, you got me!" Toga grinned even wider.

"How come you people keep finding me like this?" You sighed into the bag of chips in your hand.

"What did you just say? Nevermind! Come on, y/n." She tugged on your arm.

"Come where?" You tried to draw your arm back but to no avail.

"Come visit the League of course! I've missed you!!"

"I don't know." You groaned. "Toga, I don't think this is a good idea."

"This is the best idea! Tomura must really miss you, but it's not like he's gonna say anything about it. He's just grumpy all the time." She gripped your arm tighter and tugged again, nearly toppling you over. "Y/n, pleaseeee!"

"I shouldn't be going anywhere! Especially not... there."

"Why NOT! Don't tell me you've got comfy with all these heroes!"

"It's not that it's..."

You thought about it. Deep down it didn't sit right with you. Like somehow going to see your old friends would be betraying Aizawa and all the kindness he'd shown you in the past weeks. But it wasn't just that.

You traced the scar on your forearm where Tomura had disintegrated your skin. Shoto's words popped back into your mind.

"I assume anyone who does that to you wouldn't be allowed in your life anymore."

The kid was right and you knew it deep down. But it hadn't been Tomura's fault... not really... right?

"Y/n, pleaseee." Toga pouted.

"Okay, fine. Just this once."

_______

You hadn't signed up for a train ride into the forest. If you had known it would be a whole hiking trip you would have brought different shoes. Toga had explained the situation to you. How Tomura had to fight this giant dude and what not. You didn't understand why he had to do this, it seemed rather pointless to you.

By midday you had finally reached your destination. A makeshift campsite was set up in a small clearing in the woods. You sat on a fallen log while Toga bounced around, now in her normal form.

The shuffling of feet caught your attention and you looked up. Tomura looked haggard with his shaggy hair shading his eyes. He had already been at this for over a week, how long could he possibly hold out.

His eyes widened for a moment when he saw you, but he said nothing as he walked to you. Tomura practically collapsed on the ground and rested his head in your lap.

"You should eat something."

He only grunted in response but he took the sandwich you offered him and devoured it. When no remnant was left he shut his eyes.

"Tomura...we need to talk." You quietly spoke. You slightly shook his shoulder before realizing he was out cold.

The others that had been fighting with Tomura all collapsed from exhaustion around you, everyone being too tired to even speak.

"Welcome back to me." You mumbled to yourself before settling into being Tomuras bed.

Your legs ached from the awkward position Tomura had forced you to stay in for three hours. The deafening crack of breaking trees resounded throughout the valley and Tomura shot up to a sitting position. He almost looked worse than he had before he fell asleep.

"Go." He motioned for you to leave while the other members of the League were roused from their sleep. "It won't take long for him to get here."

"When will this stop?" You looked at him pleadingly.

"I need to do this, now go."

"What is the purpose of this pointless battle?"

"Compress, take her home." Tomura snapped before running off, followed by Toga and Spinner.

"Y/n, let's go!" Compress took you by the arm and pulled you back into the forest.

You looked behind you and met Tomura's eyes. He stared at you unfeelingly before rushing off in the opposite direction.

I should just break this off, go home and live my life.

______

It was late when you returned to your newfound home. Before you could enter the UA campus, someone stepped out in front of you.

"Are you done wandering off like this?" Aizawa folded his arms and glared at you.

"You're not my dad." You mumbled as you closed the door behind you.

Still, you felt ashamed. How long could you keep up this double life? It wasn't fair to you, and it definitely wasn't fair to everyone else that was being dragged into it.

"I'm not stupid you know." His eyes narrowed. "I know you've been sneaking off with your old villain pals."

A shiver passed through you at his words.

"It's 2AM, I have class in the morning, and I'm so tired that I want to die." He rubbed his eyes distractedly. "But I know you need to talk about it. You've looked burdened with something ever since you got here. Tell me, what happened?"

And so, you did. What else were you supposed to do...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I almost deleted this chapter by accident and then my computer died while I was trying to post it. It's not a good day for me.