51. Shirakumo Wants Some Damn Ramen, Give it to Him

Several days passed and it was clear that your uncle was going to be around for good. You visited him every chance you could and stayed by his side for hours at a time. On one of these days you ran up the hospital steps, too excited to wait for the elevator. When you got to his room you could hear Oboro and your mother talking inside. You paused before opening the door when you heard your name.

"Does Y/n even know?" Your uncle asked.

"I don't know if she remembers me ever being pregnant at all." Your mother sighed. "What's the point of bringing it up after all these years anyway? My child is out there somewhere with a life of his own. I'm sure he's happier than he would be if I had raised him. I mean look at what I've done to my daughter."

Oboro didn't respond.

"I know you agree. I'm a terrible mother."

"Doesn't mean you can't change now." He stated. "I can tell you want to see your son again, even if you don't wanna say it. I'm perceptive like that." You could hear a slight smile in his voice. "But start with Y/n first. She's just outside the door so why don't you start now."

You sighed exasperatedly and slid open the door. He gave you his crazy grin and looked back and forth from between your mother and you. She looked startled by your sudden appearance.

"How did you know I was there?" You grouched.

"As I said!" He pointed at himself. "PERCEPTIVE!"

"I need to go." Your mother hastened towards the door and Oboro's face fell.

"But you just got here."

"I got to go. Work, you know." She straightened the batteries on her belt and walked past you through the doorway.

"Where are you going?" You called after her. "Mom?"

"Later, sweetie. We'll talk later."

You huffed and walked into the hospital room. Oboro patted a free spot on the hospital bed next to him. "I'll get her to come around."

You let out a strained laugh. "Very likely."

He looked over at you and inspected your face.

"What?"

"Nothing," He sat up and got to his feet. "How about you take me out for a walk?"

You rolled your eyes and compiled.

________

You both had walked to a park that was about a block away from the hospital. There you had mutually decided to sit and feed the birds like old people. Despite his quick recovery, Oboro had a tired and sickly air about him.

"I'm sorry, y/n." Oboro said, a crestfallen look on his face.

"Whatever for? You replied in confusion.

"Back when you were little, I went along with Aiko, I mean your mom's plan. I should never have let you believe you were quirkless." He sighed and ran his fingers through his fluffy hair. "I guess we all thought it would help protect you. Considering what happened to your father, Aiko's panic was warranted."

"But he just died on a mission right?"

Oboro looked at you with shock clearly visible in his expression. "You don't remember? I thought for sure."

"What is it? Am I missing something?"

"Daichi went missing for six months before his body was even found. There was evidence of experimentation much like what happened... to uh.."

"Like what happened to you?" You said solemnly.

He nodded.

"Do you remember any of it?"

"It's all foggy. Some memories are clearer than others." He shivered. "I can't let anything like that happen to you."

"Why would that happen to me?" You squeezed on his arm to comfort him. "It's not like anyone really knows I have this quirk anyway."

"You don't get it do you!" He gripped your shoulders and stared into your eyes. "The reason Shigaraki was following you in the first place was because of your quirk! He'll come for you eventually. He'll take away your quirk by any means necessary or turn you into one of those things! Please, y/n, if any of the league cross paths with you again you have to run in the opposite direction."

Your stomach turned in on itself. "Did they all know about this?"

"I don't know, it was just kurogiri... me and Shigaraki who knew about you. But now who knows."

"Y/n!" Geten called from across the street.

You waved and he ran through the cross walk to meet you. Your uncle narrowed his eyes at your boyfriend when he came to a stop before you. Geten leaned down and kissed you on the cheek.

"Who might this young man be?" Your uncle narrowed his eyes even more so they were almost completely closed.

"Oh, Uncle, this is my boyfriend, Geten." You rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly while the two men shook hands.

After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Oboro yawned and got to his feet. "I'm hungry, who's up for ramen?"

"Now?" You asked in confusion. "Shouldn't I get you back to the hospital."

"Nahhh, any time is ramen time. Besides, I'm tired of hospital food." He looked behind him at both you and Geten and motioned for you both to follow. "Come on, come on, follow me!"

_____

When you got to the ramen place, Oboro stopped Geten outside, putting a hand on his shoulder. Despite still looking rather sickly he was an imposing six feet and five inches, a good head taller than your boyfriend. Geten gulped and looked at you for help.

"Me and your boyfriend here are gonna have a quick chat." Oboro said with a sinister smile. "If you don't mind, how about you go in and get us a place to sit, it will only be a minute."

____

It was more than just a minute. You sat there for ten minutes before you felt someone slide into the seat beside you.

"Hey, Babe!"

You whipped around and saw his signature smirk. "Dabi, fuck off. I'm not in the mood."

"Not even a 'long time no see?' Or 'how have you been?' Come on y/n I thought we were friends." He threw an arm around your shoulders.

"Are we friends? Cause it has been a long time. I would have assumed, considering how meddlesome you are, that you'd have showed up to bother me at least once a week. But nothing in the past four months?" You jerked away from him and got out of your seat.

"Nothing I could do sweetheart, boss's orders. Glad to know you missed me that much though."

The mention of Tomura sent a shiver down your spine. But you wanted to know more. "What do you mean by orders?"

"You don't know?" He looked genuinely confused. "Woulda thought your boyfriend woulda told you at least some of our plans, considering how crazy he is for you."

The word boyfriend made you flinch. Was it possible he knew about Geten? But the way he said it made you think it was Tomura he was speaking of. "Ex boyfriend." You muttered.

He raised an eyebrow at you, it was obvious he hadn't been aware of that fact. But he quickly recovered his teasing persona.

"Well isn't that a delicious piece of gossip." Dabi's grin was mocking. It got under your skin, but before you could tell him to leave you alone you felt a cool hand grip yours firmly.

"Leave my girlfriend alone." Geten said with gritted teeth.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Shirakumo / Kurogiri is apparently 6'5" and this information has me reeling. Like.... SIR.