54. RIP Emotions

The quick tap of boots could be heard from behind as you sped down the hallway. You assumed it was Shigaraki and quickened your pace. He wouldn't have taken kindly to you slipping off when his back was turned. You shied away from the people that also moved through the halls. Soon you found yourself close to the room you had been trapped in not long ago. You heard the footsteps approaching again so you darted inside the room and shut the door. Before you could close it all the way, a pale hand gripped the edge, keeping it open. Geten looked at you through the crack, his expression unreadable. Your hand fell, releasing the door and you stepped back into the room. He came in and locked the door behind him. Both of you were silent for a moment.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" You sat on the farthest corner of the bed.

Geten brushed back his silky white locks and sighed. "Not for a while at least. What about you? Did you ever think to tell me you're involved with one of the most annoying villains of all time?"

"I'm not 'involved' with him anymore."

"Sure didn't look like that to me. He seemed glued to your side back there."

"Did it ever occur to you I'm not here by choice!"

"What?"

You fell into the pillows face first, wishing you could scream into them.

"Y/n, what are you talking about?" Geten sat beside you on the bed while you buried your face in pillows. "That asshole dragged you here against your will?"

Your silence was enough for him to know he was right. The air in the room got colder and colder. You expected Geten to speak harshly or maybe punch a wall but he didn't.

"Come on, look at me."

You shook your head, remaining in the pillows. Geten sighed and fell back on the other side of the bed. You felt behind yourself and found his soft hand.

"I know I'm not very good at comforting people but can I try?" He laced his soft fingers with yours. You have no response except a muffled sob into the pillow. Geten moved in behind you and cradled you in his arms. "I'm right here, I'll get you home as soon as possible. Shigaraki needs to learn that you don't belong with him anymore."

You shifted around and just hugged him. Burying your face in his chest. Geten loved being the stronger one. You were in possession of a strong quirk but still you could be so fragile. It gave him a rush whenever you clung to him for protection. You hadn't even objected to his plan, even so early in the relationship. It was like you were made for him. Perhaps, he thought, it was time to try.

Your face was slowly lifted from the protection of Geten's chest, before your lips were captured.

Any other time, you would question the sanity of an intimate moment when your life's falling apart. Instead, you grasped his face and kissed back feverishly.

Your back hit the mattress, and everything became a blur.

***

You lazily stared at the ceiling as Geten slipped his shirt back on. "You okay?" He questioned while pulling you into his side.

"Yea just. Tired. Always so tired." You mumbled in response.

"Did....Did you have a good time? "

You felt your cheeks flush as you quickly nodded, "Of course...You?"

You felt his hold tighten on you before he spoke again. "Always. You know I've been thinking... Maybe next time...we should skip protection."

You felt your eyes nearly pop out of your skull as you quickly pushed away. "What?!"