The Vanishing of Will Byers

"Something is coming

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood.",my voice was lowered and the four boys in front of me payed attention to every single word I was saying. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. It is almost here."

"What is it?",the sweet voice of Will Byers, my best friend's little brother, asked me with curiosity.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?",Dustin Henderson, a boy with the cutest curls on earth, exclaimed. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

I tried not to grin like an idiot at his words. He was being a bit dramatic, as always, but to be honest I loved it.

"It's not the Demogorgon.",Lucas Sinclair, the boy to my right, replied a bit annoyed.

I interrupted their conversation by slamming a figure loudly on the table. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

"Troglodytes?",Dustin gave me a "Really?" look, while Lucas looked at everyone as if he had just won a price.

"Told ya.",the boy said proudly, which made everyone in the room, including me, chuckle.

But my smile suddenly faded and I became dead serious. "Did you just hear that?"

Panic was written all over the boys faces.

"That...That sound.",I muttered.

Everyone looked around, searching for the source of my so called "sound".

I slapped onto the table abruptly, making everyone flinch. "That didn't come from the troglodytes...No that was something far more dangerous."

It was dead silent until..."THE DEMOGORGAN."

All the boys started groaning, knowing that this enemy was much worse than some troglodytes.

"We're in deep shit.",Dustin complained.

I ignored the boy and instead turned my attention to the boy in front of me. "Will, your action!"

"I don't know.",he replied, completely overwhelmed with the situation.

"Fireball him!",Lucas and Mike shouted at the same time.

"I have to roll a 13, or higher.",the Byers argued.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell.",Dustin proposed.

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him.",Lucas insisted.

I looked annoyed at the boy. "Hey Sinclaire, watch your mouth."

"Cast Protection!"

"Fireball him."

I soon had enough. "The Demogorgon is tired of your human bickering!"

Finally I had everyone's attention. "It stomps towards you. BOOM."