The Weirdo on Marple Street

I was looking out of my window, down at Nancy, Barb and the rest

Carol was playfully screaming at Tommy who grabbed her by the waist and hold her above the pool.

Barb was sitting on a chair, probably wishing to be anywhere but here.

And Nancy was chatting with my brother a smile on her lips.

She looked...happy.
Maybe their relationship wasn't that awful after all.

I kinda behaved like a freaking creep, watching them from my window, but I usually avoided parties and crowds.

I mean, of course Nancy and Barb were there but I didn't give a single shit about Carol or Tommy.
So why should I waste my time with those idiots?

I sighed and decided, despite my doubts, to join them.
Maybe I could talk a bit with Barb.

She didn't seem to be very happy about Nancy and Steve's relationship either.

"Finally, the princess arrives.",Tommy exclaimed.
He was definitely already tipsy.

I rolled my eyes and crabbed a coke.
I was not going to drink alcohol.

People become the worst versions of themselves as soon as they start drinking.
They become loud, start to talk about things no one wants to know and get super intrusive.

"Oh, so the princess doesn't want to talk to me?",he asked with a grin.

"Shut up, Tommy.",I glared at him and sat down next to Barb.

"God, why am I doing this to myself?",I mumbled with closed eyes.

"Because you love Nancy.",Barb answered in a tone that told me that she was here for the exact same reason.

"Why are we such good friends? We need an award or something.",I exclaimed with a small smile on my lips.

My friend chuckled. "Well, someone has to watch out for Nancy, right?"

"Right...",I mumbled a bit distracted by Steve who was drinking his beer like a maniac.

"Is that supposed to impress me?",Nancy asked with a grin.

"You're not?",my brother asked with a cigarette between his lips.

"You are a cliché, you do realize that?",the Wheeler exclaimed.

"You are a cliché.",Steve replied. "What with your...grades and your band practice."

My best friend laughed. "I'm so not in a band."

I cringed at their conversation.
Seeing my brother flirting with my best friend was so weird.

"Okay party girl. Why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done, then?",Steve proposed while grabbing his knife he got from our father.