The Vanishing of Will Byers

I jumped out of Steve's car immediately regretting that I expected his offer to ride to school with him

I got a flat tire last night when I was riding home, which meant that it first had to be fixed until I could use it again.
So Steve gave me a ride to school.

The tension in the car was so weird.
The only noise that was heard was the radio.

I wonder when Steve and I stopped being real siblings.

We were inseparable as little kids but when we got into Middleschool he became friends with Tommy H and Carol and things went downhill.
He started treating me like garbage.

I kinda stopped hoping that things would go back to how they were.

"I see you here after school. Don't be late or else you're gonna walk.",Steve informed me.

I rolled my eyes. "You know, I can ask Jonathan for a ride home. At least he doesn't hate my whole existence. Or I ask one of the boys I they want to continue our campaign from yesterday and we go to Mike's."

Now it was Steve's turn to roll his eyes. "You need some real friends. I mean I've always known that you're a nerd but that doesn't mean that you should hang out with a bunch of other nerds, who aren't even your age. Plus; I'm not discussing this with you, Emma. Just be here after school."

And with that the conversation was over.

At least for Steve, who was now walking into Hawkins High.

I let out a frustrated scream which caused a few people to turn their heads to me.
Like I care.

I mean of course I could probably count my friend's names down on one hand and yes the only friends I have who are my age, are Nancy, Barb and Jonathan but that isn't bad...right?

I knew they would do anything for me.

I'm not sure Steve could say the same thing about his friends.

I've decided to wait for Jonathan in the parking lot since he was nowhere to be seen. 

He was probably just a bit late.

I can't really remember a time where he and I haven't been friends.
We've met in kindergarten when my stupid brother started to make fun of him so I shouted at Steve and grabbed Jonathan's hand to go and play with him.
Well, and since then we were friends.

The first bell rang but my best friend still wasn't there.

I sighed and made my way to my school, immediately smiling when I saw Nancy and Barb standing at their lockers and talking.

"We just...made out a couple times.",I heard Barbara saying in a dreamy voice.

I frowned. "You made out with someone?"