The Flea and The Acrobat

I hummed the lyrics to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen while Nancy and Jonathan walked a bit ahead of me

It turned out that Nancy was a pretty good shooter so now she had the gun and Jonathan and me had bats.

"He's actually a good guy.",I put my headphones off when I heard Nancy's voice through them.

"What's going on?",I asked confused.

"Jonathan here thinks that I'm trying to be someone else just because I'm dating Steve. That's bullshit.",the brunette explained to me.
"Yesterday, with the camera...He's not like that at all.",the Wheeler tried to defend her boyfriend. "He was just being protective."

"Yeah, that's one word for it.",Jonathan replied annoyed.

"Oh, and I guess what you did was okay?",she scoffed.

"No, I...I never said that.",the boy stammered.

"He had every right to be pissed-.",Nancy raised her voice but was cut off by Jonathan. "Okay, all right. Does that mean I have to like him?"

"No."

"Listen, don't take it personally, okay? I don't like most people. He's in the vast majority. I'm happy that the only Harrington I have to communicate with is Emma.",my best friend spoke.

I sighed. "We shouldn't fight, guys."

Nancy ignored my comment. "You know, I was actually starting to think that you were okay."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I was thinking Jonathan Byers maybe he's not the pretentious creep everyone says he is."

I put my headphones back on playing the next song.

This was such bullshit and I'm definitely not gonna listen to their fighting anymore.

I couldn't help but wonder when they would both come to the realisation that they totally had a big crush on each other.

"Jonathan is such an idiot.",Nancy suddenly appeared next to me.

I sighed. No more music for today.

"He's just a bit over the edge and you can't really blame him for not liking Steve. I mean I have my issues with him but he hasn't bullied me since the beginning of my school career. I still don't think that it's okay what he did though. It was creepy and freaked me out.",I replied.

"I just- I just thought he was different, you know? I thought that he wasn't a douche like every other boy in this town and even like Steve sometimes. He said I was acting different since I'm with Steve. That's bullshit. He is not changing me, right?",the brunette looked at me expectantly.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, he is right Nancy you have changed.",my best friend wanted to say something but I continued. "But change is good. And let's face it, you would never have sneaked out before your relationship with Steve to go to a party on a Tuesday. You have become brave, Nance. You're a teenager. This is the time when you have to find yourself. Who you are, what you want, where you want to be and with whom you want to be with. You can't stay at home forever and be good. So yes, people like Steve may be able to help you with that."