The Weirdo on Marple Street

"Hey guys, where's Mike?"I asked confused when I only saw Dustin and Lucas in front of the Middleschool

"He wasn't at school.",the Sinclair answered. "But we wanted to ride to his house. Do you want to come with us?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Jonathan ditched me, so I'm free for the rest of the day. I'm just gonna get my bike. I had to return it to Mike anyway."

We had just arrived at the Wheeler's and looked with wide eyes at Eleven who was sitting on Mike's bed even though Mike said that he would talk to his mom and get her back to the place she came from.

"Are you out of your mind?",Lucas was the first one to speak.

"Just listen to me.",Mike tried to calm him down.

"You are out of your mind!",the Sinclair exclaimed loudly.

"She knows about Will.",Mike said.

I turned my head to Mike, now fully paying attention.

"What do you mean she knows about Will?",Dustin asked confused.

Mike grabbed a picture from his cupboard and held it in front of us. "She pointed at him, at his picture. She knew he was missing. I could tell."

"You could tell?",Lucas asked in disbelief.

"Just think about it.",Mike spoke enthusiastically.
"Do you really think it was a coincidence that we found her on Mirkwood, the same place where Will disappeared?"

"That is weird.",Dustin agreed and looked at Lucas and me.

"And she said bad people are after her. I think maybe these bad people are the same ones that took Will. I think she knows what happened to him.",the raven-haired boy shared with us.

"Bad...people? What do you mean by that, sweetie?",I asked confused and looked at the girl.

Eleven didn't look at me. She seemed really overwhelmed with the situation and Lucas' yelling didn't help.

"This is nuts. We have to take her to your mom.",Lucas protested.

"No!",Mike argued. "Eleven said telling any adult would put us in danger."

"What kind of danger?",Dustin asked a bit frightened. "Her name is Eleven?",Lucas asked in disbelief at the same time.

"El for short.",Mike added.

"Mike, what kind of danger?",the Henderson asked again, this time yelling at his friend.

"Danger, danger.",Mike yelled back.

I sighed. This was gonna take us nowhere.

I looked at Eleven and sat down next to her. "Are you okay, sweetie? This must be so much for you, right now. I'm sorry about Lucas. He's just trying to protect his friends but he should be nicer to you!"

She just looked at me, well rather to my shoulders.

I followed her gaze. She was staring at my hair.

"Do you like it?",I asked her with a sad smile.

El reached out her hand and gently drove her fingers over my hair.

"Pretty.",she mumbled.

"Thank you.",I answered with a small smile. "You know, you're really pretty too."

"Pretty?",she asked in disbelief.

I nodded.

She looked at me as if she just won a million bucks.
A bright smile covered her lips. "Thank you."

Lucas stupid yelling interrupted our little moment. "No, no, no! We're going back to plan A. We're telling your mom."

I rolled my eyes for the tenth time this day.
God, he really didn't know when to shut up.

I loved Lucas but he always tried to solve his problems with yelling and being loud and all that shit. It was sometimes just all too much.

I watched him walking to the door and opening it when a sudden slam stopped him from going out.

I looked in shock as I noticed El looking really concentrated at the door while blood was running out of her nostrils.

Lucas tried again but the door was closed again and locked this time.

"No."