The Vanishing of Will Byers

"Bitch!",Joyce yelled angry at the phone

She was trying to call Lonnie, Will's Dad, but apparently it wasn't him who answered.

"Mom.",Jonathan exclaimed and sighed.

He designed flyers to find Will while I sat next to him and selected a photo of the little Byer for the flyers.

"What?",his mother asked still a bit upset.

"You have to stay calm.",my best friend said.

Joyce chuckled bitter, clearly not in the mood for that conversation.

She ignored her son's statement and went to the phone again. She was probably trying to call Lonnie again.

I sighed. "When was the last time you heard from Lonnie anyway?"

The boy shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Probably the last time he needed money. I'm not even sure if he still knows how Will looks like."

"Well I guess then we both have pretty shitty fathers.",I answered bitter and continued looking for a perfect picture.

I stopped when I heard a car approaching.

"Mom?",Jonathan seemed to notice the car too.
"What?" "Cops."

We hurried outside just to meet Hopper, who got Will's bike out of his trunk.

"It was just lying there?",Joyce asked confused and followed Hopper, Powell and Callaghan who entered her house.

The chief was looking around, like he was searching for something, while Joyce was interrogating him.

I was behind them with Jonathan, listening to everything Hops said.

"If you found the bike out there, why are you here?",my best friend asked confused.

"Well, he had a key to the house, right?",Jim asked.

"Yeah."

Hopper walked around in the kitchen. "So...maybe he came home."

"You think I didn't check my own house?",Joyce asked in disbelief.

"I'm not saying that.",the man argued while he was looking at a little hole behind the kitchen door. "Has this always been here?"

"What? I-I don't know. Probably. I have two boys, plus Emma sometimes. Look at this place.",the woman answered, clearly not knowing where this conversation was going.

I really didn't know if that was a compliment or not.

"You're not sure?",the chief asked.