Holly, Jolly

"Jesus Christ, Nancy

"Jesus Christ, Nancy. You scared the shit out of me.",I whisper yelled at my best friend who was standing in front of me in the kitchen.

"Emmy, why are you still up? Where is Barb?",the brunette asked confused.

"I was thirsty.",I replied. "Barbara's at home I guess. I just wanted to grab some candy and stuff from the kitchen but she was gone when I came back. I'm a bit worried about her."

"I'll call her tomorrow.",Nancy answered worried as well.

"I can give you a ride home, Nance. It's late. You shouldn't be out there alone.",I offered.

My best friend gave me a grateful smile. "That'd be great."

I took her hand in mine and together we went into the hallway to get Steve's car keys.

"Won't Steve freak out?",Nancy giggled.

"That idiot can shut up. Mom and Dad bought it for the both of us. I'm just not using it as much as he does. I didn't get my driver's license for nothing though.",I replied and rolled my eyes.

The ride to the Wheeler's was actually quite quiet but at some point I just couldn't hold back anymore. "So you and Steve had sex?"

Nancy started coughing like wild, sounded like she was chocking to death or something.

"W-What?",she questioned with a red face.

"Oh come on, Nance. I have ears. Well I put on my Walkman when you guys started getting a bit too loud. I just- Do you think he is the one for you? I just don't want you to get heartbroken. Steve is...Steve.",I mumbled.

"It felt right. The moment I mean. I don't know if it'll last forever. God, I'm so young, Emmy. But right now...Steve is good for me.",I could see the sparkle in my best friend's eyes and smiled.

"I'm very happy for you, Nance.",I exclaimed.

"Thank you...for everything. It's nice to know that you're always there for me.",she grabbed my hand that wasn't on the steering wheel and squeezed it.

"Of course.",I answered.

I stopped the car in the Wheeler's driveway and smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Nancy nodded and leaned over to hug me. "See you, Emmy."

I watched Nancy as she got into the house and then started the car.

„I'm gonna be a tired mess tomorrow.",I mumbled to myself and sighed.

Hey guys, I wish you all a happy new year

I hope that 2022 is gonna be a lot more better than 2021.

Have a nice day and please don't forget to vote for my story it would mean a lot!