The Weirdo on Marple Street

"Where have you been, Emma? Where did you go with Nancy's brother?",was the first thing Steve asked me as I entered the kitchen

I sat down at the kitchen table and made myself some cereal while my brother observed every move I made.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Mike needed my help with something, so I helped him. No big deal."

"No big deal? Were you not the one who told me just yesterday that the Byers boy went missing? What if something would've happened to you? Or Mike?",he asked in disbelief.

Was he...worried?

"Are you sick or something?",I asked confused.

"Oh shut up, Emma. Just...If you want to go somewhere, then just ask and I'll drive you. You shouldn't be out alone at night."

I frowned. "Yeah, you're definitely sick."

"Why do I even bother?",the boy mumbled to himself.

"I think I'm gonna go now...Jonathan and I are gonna hang up some flyers for Will's search. And don't bother waiting for me, I borrowed Nancy's bike for today, so I'm just gonna ride to school."

"Oh my god, am I speaking German? I've just told you that you shouldn't be alone or riding your bike alone, and now that's exactly what you're doing. You are unbelievable."

I gave him an arrogant smile. "Thank you but I already know that."

I saw him rolling his eyes and chuckled. 

I slid my cereal bowl towards him and got up. "Here, you can eat the rest, I'm not really hungry."

"What am I your trashcan or something?",the boy scoffed.

"Oh shut up. You always eat my cereal when I don't finish it.",I replied and grabbed my backpack.

"See you later."

"Bye.",the boy muttered.

I was almost out of the door when I heard Steve calling my name.

I turned around.

"Be careful, okay?",he said.

I simply nodded. "Always."

"