The Vanishing of Will Byers

Jonathan insisted on driving me to Mike's

Jonathan insisted on driving me to Mike's. He didn't ask for any details, he just wanted me to be safe.

I was right now in Mike's basement, sitting on the couch while he was packing things we probably needed for the search.

"You're just gonna take Nancy's bike. It's not like she still uses it anyways.",the boy informed me.

We got ready. Mike sat on his bike, while I was on Nancy's.

We were in the driveway when the boy suddenly stopped his movements and looked back to his house.

I followed Mike's gaze and rolled my eyes when I saw my brother climbing into Nancy's room.

He seemed to have notice us as he stopped in his movements and looked behind him.

Mike gave him just an annoyed gaze and quickly disappeared with his bike.

I followed him, not giving my brother another look.
It was his business, even though I had my doubts about his and Nancy's liaison.

We met Lucas and Dustin halfway.

It had started raining and after a few minutes my clothes were soaked.

"Guys, I really think we should turn back.",Dustin said.

I shivered. "N-No, we have to find him. He's alone out there b-but we have each other. We can't just leave him."

"Yeah, Ems is right, Dustin. You wanna be a baby, then go home already.",Lucas had to practically yell at his friend because of the load storm noises.

"Firstly; Emma didn't say that, secondly; I'm just being realistic, Lucas!",Dustin yelled back.

"No, you're just being a big sissy!",he fired back.

"Hey," I shouted. "No one is being a big sissy. Stop fighting like some two year olds and shut up."

It was finally silent for a few moments until Dustin decided to speak up again. "Did you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?"

"Dustin, shut up.",Mike exclaimed while he was looking at something.

I followed his gaze but couldn't see anything through the pouring rain.

Suddenly I heard some rustling.

"Did you guys hear that?",I asked confused.

There was another noise, now way more louder.

I instinctively stepped in front of the boys and tried to shield them with my arms.

A screeching made the boys pan their flashlights in a different direction.

At first I didn't realize at what they were pointing, but when I did, I gasped.

A little girl in yellow oversized T-shirt and a buzz cut looked at us scared and quickly breathing.

"Well...",I mumbled. "That is definitely not Will."