3

I woke up to my phone buzzing right by my pillow. Whoever chose so to disrupt my beauty sleep will surely get their head chopped.

"Hello?" I answered, quite groggy.

"Sup?"

"Oh hey, Bas, not much. You woke me up from my power nap."

"Oh, come on, you sleep always! I don't think it's possible not to wake you up. Alright, I am going cut right to the chase. Come to my place tonight, my parents went on a business trip yet again, so I am hosting a small get-together."

"Really, Bas? The last time you hosted small get-together, police had to come to shut down your small gathering. I'm tired, so no."

"Stop it, and you always do that, ya know? I haven't seen you in ages, and yet again, you are refusing to meet me. You know we are a dynamic duo; you are Bonnie, and I am Clyde."

"No. You are Sebastian, and I am Gale, and if by dynamic duo you mean me always keeping you out of trouble, then yes, we are, in fact, dynamic duo."

"Pretty please, Gale?" suddenly, his voice sounded a hundred times sweeter; I could even imagine him making puppy eyes, looking at me like an adorable puppy. "It is going to be fun, seriously, we have to celebrate that you graduated, and it would be iconic, as you say, to celebrate it at my place. We celebrated when you got into the university, and we have to celebrate that you graduated."

"Alright, alright. I'll have to call Ed and cancel our plans. Am I a bad girlfriend for ditching him for your party?"

"You kidding me? You would be a terrible friend if you chose a dick over me."

"Pffft as if I would never."

"Yeah, yeah, I know your never. But, never mind, just come to my place in a few hours, yeah?"

"I'll be there. Just don't get wasted before I arrive, okay?"

"I would never!" the last thing I heard before hanging up was him laughing like a maniac.

I glanced at the mirror hanging by my bed. I looked okay, nothing too special. I sighed, picked up my phone, and mentally prepared myself to get shout at by Edward.

"Hey, beautiful, what are you doing?" he asked me innocently

"Hey, you. Not much, I just woke up. Look, can we maybe postpone our plans? I'll be going over to Seb's place since he is having a small get-together with my high school friends."

"Oh."

There was a long silence, and I even had to check my phone to double-check if he didn't hang up on me.

"I feel really shitty, Ed, but I really want to meet all of those goofballs that I haven't seen in two years."

"That's alright; I guess I can finally clean my house since I don't have plans anymore."

"Will you forgive me?"

"I'm not mad, alright? Just don't do anything stupid and don't drink too much. Call me when you want to go home so I can come and drive you home, alright?"

"I really don't want to bother you in the middle of the night, I can just take the bus home or something."

"You know that I would feel much safer if I knew that I drove you home."

"Alright, alright, I will call you."

"Have fun, sweetheart. Stay out of trouble. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

The phone call went better than expected, sometimes I don't understand what Edward sees in me, especially when I don't treat him right. I went to take a quick shower, picked the very first jeans I could find in my closet, got dressed, and mentally prepared myself. By mentally preparing myself I mean hyping myself up for the party. I told my parents not to wait up for me and went to the bus stop.

As I was nearing his house, I could feel my anxiety creeping in, I was way too sober to turn up to a party like this. The music was blasting throughout the whole street and there were already some people puking by his house. We live in a small city, so I recognized most of the faces. I could spot some of my classmates smoking weed and probably having some deep conversations about how cryptocurrency is the new shit. I sighed silently and prepared myself for the worst evening of my life, I should've stayed at home and watched Netflix instead of this, I mentally told myself.

"Oh, oh, oh, there comes my superstar." I heard someone yell, as I turned around, I was greeted with Sebastian's goofy smile. He practically ran towards me and bearhugged me then proceeded to lift me in the air and spin me around a few times.

"Okay, that's enough physical touch for tonight, Bas." I giggled as he put me down.

"Gale, my beautiful, Gale, thank you for coming tonight." He playfully kneeled and kissed my hand. I could hear it from his voice that he was in fact, already drunk. "I'm quite surprised that your bodyguard didn't come."

"What?" I laughed. "You mean Edward? He was adorable and told me to have fun. Oh, and stay out of trouble, of course." I chuckled.

"I guess you will have to stay away from me then, Gale." He wiggled his eyebrows and started inching his face towards me. I playfully shoved his face and started to look around.

"Let's go play some beer pong, just like in high school, yeah?"

"Let's kick some asses."

He dragged me towards the backyard, where I was once again met with many familiar faces, a bit too many familiar faces. I dragged Bas a bit closer to me and whispered,

"Don't announce to everyone that I moved back here, promise?" he nodded and dragged me along.

"Alright, suckers, who wants to lose?" Bas shouted and a few seconds later a few guys decided to team up against us. I'm pleased that I started the night off playing beer pong. Why? Firstly, I didn't have to talk; nobody expects me to make small talk while I was playing beer pong, and secondly, I could get drunk. The match ended with two clear winners; me and Bas, and of course, we had to take winner shots as Bas would call them. After I had some alcohol in my system, I talked with my old friends and classmates. Small talk about universities, jobs, future, and of course cryptocurrency and stocks. What's up with all the wannabe wall street wolves recently? I went to the toilets to cool off, but as you know, both of the toilets were occupied, and the only thing you could hear were loud moans and banging from inside of the bathrooms. I went back outside to find Bas and to ask him for the key to his parent's room and bathroom, but Bas was nowhere to be found.

I went up to a few of my buddies and asked them if they had seen him, and they just pointed inside. I used whatever logic I still had in my system and decided to go to the basement only to find Bas and some of the others gathered around by the table. I cleared my throat loudly to gain some attention from Bas.

"Gaaaale! There's my superstar! Wanna do a few lines with us?"

"No way, Jose, I'm done with that shit, be a good friend and give me a key to your VIP bathroom. And you shouldn't do this either, there are probably around 80 people at your party already, so you should be prepared if cops come."

He handed me the keys. "A few lines never killed nobody" he smirked and went back to the table.